New Camillus Products..cuda Line.....now!!!!!

Awesome. Simply awesome! Plus, you can carry the MAXX tip-down!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!! Any plans for a Camillus MADD MAXX?

BryanH

awesome! That is one bad mutha. Now I have to try to be patient waiting for my OVB Bowie and Madd Maxx 5.5 folder. Stabby over at www.phoenixblades.com has both, and you can't find a better person to deal with. Give him a call. Tell him JR sent ya!

JR

Will,
You guys have outdone yourselves!
That is slick as spit on a doorknob!!!!!!!
I will definitely be getting the new EDC and the Max . . . they both look great! I have to work on a way to get stuff shipped to Nicaragua!!
(I just cannot believe that Dex was able to keep his mouth shut . . . way to go you sadist!) ;) :p ;)

Originally posted by Jason Burns

(I just cannot believe that Dex was able to keep his mouth shut . . . way to go you sadist!) ;) :p ;)

Yes, I can keep my pie hole shut a long time if I need to :D :D

I HAVE!!!
:p :p :p

I went up to AG Russells,just got back. Apparently,an old Camillus Rep is now working there.
Will sent a PROTO MAD MAXX up there,to go to the SHOT show...
Well, I worked my magic,and was handed the knife!

IT IS SWEET!
Lock up is awesome,Fit and Finish are awesome,Blade shape is awesome...

So,to sum up, ITS ORGASMIC!

and to those of you that havent handled one yet,another :p

Is there stock available in Camillus and, if so, what brokerage house do I call? The only word that I can think of is: DUDE!

Dex,

It is a good thing you kept that pie hole shut or we would both be in a heap of do-do. :D

Cuda Maxx 5.5. It's here, it's hot and it is going fast.

Will,
Maybe I missed it BUT, What is the "estimated" ship date for the Maxx and undated EDC? ALSO, Is the OVB still due to ship in February?
Thanks!

How is MAXX held?

is it a low grip knife with the top half of the handle (secondary slope) acting as a thumb ramp? or do you just wrap your hands around it as if it were a "normal" knife

Jason - estimated Maxx shipping date is around the first of March.

LizardKing - you can use either grip that you describe. Though, you get more control if you grip it up towards the pivot, using one of the flippers as a thumbrest.

Ok Jason Ol' Buddy,
This is the hard part! With any new product, there MAY be surprises in production, but here is what we are projecting....

CUDA MAXX 5.5...we should be shipping the first ones arount the first week of March.

FISK/OVB Bowie...we are still looking to ship in Feb....probally the later half at this rate.

The improved EDC is starting in the pipeline now.....but it may be a few days/weeks before your favorite dealer has them on the shelf. Understand that it is a running upgrade to the old 420HC EDC..they are the same price.

The CUDA MAXX could be kinda hard to find at first. Dealers that have them CURRENTLY on order with us and are accepting orders already are....

http://www.1sks.com/store/camillus-maxx.html

http://www.phoenixblades.com/camillus.htm

www.crknives.com

Good Hunting;)

Thanks for the usual quick reply! If I can sneak into the SHOT on Saturday I will swing by to see ya!

Will, you and Camillus did it again. Wow, what a line-up for 2002. I'm glad I held up on a mega-folder purchase in 12/01--thanks for the heads up back then. I just placed my order for the Maxx 5.5 (it was a "no brainer" decision). Is the catalog picture of the CUDA Maxx an actual production proto-type or is it a DR custom with Camillus computer generated graphics on the blade? Like the Fisk OVB Bowie, I can't believe it's not custom.

Thats the real thing.....DDR is going to do the Anodizing on the first few thousand sets of handles.....until we wear him out anyway;)

Originally posted by Will Fennell
Thats the real thing.....DDR is going to do the Anodizing on the first few thousand sets of handles.....until we wear him out anyway;)
Will, can you tell us what is the blade hardness? I couldn't find that, sorry if I'm asking something that's been posted already.

Damn Sam, that is really cool.
Ahem, Will, will you please knock it off with the awesome knives for a while.
Im trying to save up for a good rifle.
The max is beautifull. Unfortunately I just blew my stash on a Buck Strider, which I love but I wish......Thats right! That the blade was a little longer!
Five and a half sounds like a bunch. Can't wait to check it out in person. I also like the darkish CQB's. But already got a shiny one. Perhaps a dark junior would be good for those hot summer nights I don't feel like carrying the bigger one.
By the way are the old kydex sheaths stil available for these?
Or do we go diectly to on scene now?

:) I'm impressed.

Thanks

I'm looking at my Kershaw Chive and the pictures of the Cuda MAXX, and a crazy idea just occured to me. Both of them are framelocks, so here I am thinking about a Cuda MAXX speedsafe conversion, how cool would that be? A 5.5" folder with a spring assist to help flip it open, now I gotta go buy a couple MAXX's so I can have one to fool around with. Oh well, there goes my income tax return, but this will be about the best money I'll ever spend, way to go!

The "first few thousand sets of handles"? Will, that amount may not be enough. ;) I can't wait.

Another question: In the photo of the lock mechanism, why is the left handle slab (opposite the locking slab) "scooped out" on the inside?

Edit: Disregard the above question. Upon further review, I think I figured it out. The purpose is to create a gap for your thumb to disengage the lock. The inside "scoop" allows the outside lines of the left-side slab to remain unbroken without the necessity of an outside "thumb scoop" for lock disengagement.

Back