New chant: KhukRat

Has the swamp ever made a khukri? As far as I can tell that they haven't. All the more reason to bring one to fruition.

I still want it, but the 1311 has really helped fill that hole... I would have to compare the two (and happily would).

Swamp-Zilla Kukmandu

Steel -- SR-101
Overall Length -- 20"
Blade Length -- 14"
Thickness -- .245
Blade Finish -- Satin Finish
Grind -- Full Convex
Handle -- Black Canvas Micarta

The Swamp Rat Swamp-Zilla Kukmandu is the epitome of what the avid outdoorsman is looking for in a mid-weight, mid length all-around chopper. Swamp Rat's proprietary SR-101 steel comes with a hair shaving razor's edge, and maintains an excellent level of sharpness, even after a long day of chopping branches and vines and batoning through hardwood knots. It has an ergonomically designed and exceedingly comfortable canvas Micarta handle ( also available in G10 ) with unique texturing that is, thankfully, without hot-spots. It allows for a firm grip when needed, but is also comfortable in a loose chopping grip, letting the agile blade whip through vines and small branches as easily as any machete on the market. The large finger choil lets you choke up for precision work, but the forward curving blade truly excels at the heavy duty chopping swings for which it was designed. The full convex grind is perfectly even and ground to a wickedly fine razor edge which the blade maintains even after the most brutal abuse. The Satin Finish is beautiful and durable. It certainly deserves the added character of a scratch or two added to it surface, but its easy to bring back to a lustrous finish with some scotch brite, steel wool, or wet-dry paper. At a price point significantly lower than its kissing-cousins, the Busse Killa-Zilla or Killa-Zilla II, this is a must have for anyone who appreciates Busse-kin blades or Swamp Rat in particular, outdoorsmen who love an excellent chopper that performs exceedingly well around the camp, or anyone who, in general, simply loves a well-crafted bladed implement.

WH

Last edited:
Swamp-Zilla Kukmandu

Steel -- SR-101
Overall Length -- 20"
Blade Length -- 14"
Thickness -- .245
Grind -- Full Convex

The Swamp Rat Swamp-Zilla Kukmandu is the epitome of what the avid outdoorsman is looking for in a mid-weight, mid length all-around chopper. Swamp Rat's proprietary SR-101 steel comes with a hair shaving razor's edge, and maintains an excellent level of sharpness, even after a long day of chopping branches and vines and batoning through hardwood knots. It has an ergonomically designed and exceedingly comfortable canvas Micarta handle ( also available in G10 ) with unique texturing that is, thankfully, without hot-spots. It allows for a firm grip when needed, but is also comfortable in a loose chopping, letting the agile blade whip through vines and small branches as easily as any machete on the market. The large finger choil lets you choke up for precision work, but the forward curving blade truly excels at the heavy duty chopping swings for which it was designed. The full convex grind is perfectly even and ground to a wickedly fine razor edge which the blade maintains even after the most brutal abuse. The Satin Finish is beautiful and durable. It certainly deserves the added character of a scratch or two added to it surface, but its easy to bring back to a lustrous finish with some scotch brite, steel wool, or wet-dry paper. At a price point significantly lower than its kissing-cousins, the Busse Killa-Zilla or Killa-Zilla II, this is a must have for anyone who appreciates Busse-kin blades or Swamp Rat in particular, outdoorsmen who love an excellent chopper that performs exceedingly well around the camp, or anyone who, in general, simply loves a well-crafted bladed implement.

WH

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Swamp-Zilla Kukmandu

Steel -- SR-101
Overall Length -- 20"
Blade Length -- 14"
Thickness -- .245
Grind -- Full Convex

The Swamp Rat Swamp-Zilla Kukmandu is the epitome of what the avid outdoorsman is looking for in a mid-weight, mid length all-around chopper. Swamp Rat's proprietary SR-101 steel comes with a hair shaving razor's edge, and maintains an excellent level of sharpness, even after a long day of chopping branches and vines and batoning through hardwood knots. It has an ergonomically designed and exceedingly comfortable canvas Micarta handle ( also available in G10 ) with unique texturing that is, thankfully, without hot-spots. It allows for a firm grip when needed, but is also comfortable in a loose chopping, letting the agile blade whip through vines and small branches as easily as any machete on the market. The large finger choil lets you choke up for precision work, but the forward curving blade truly excels at the heavy duty chopping swings for which it was designed. The full convex grind is perfectly even and ground to a wickedly fine razor edge which the blade maintains even after the most brutal abuse. The Satin Finish is beautiful and durable. It certainly deserves the added character of a scratch or two added to it surface, but its easy to bring back to a lustrous finish with some scotch brite, steel wool, or wet-dry paper. At a price point significantly lower than its kissing-cousins, the Busse Killa-Zilla or Killa-Zilla II, this is a must have for anyone who appreciates Busse-kin blades or Swamp Rat in particular, outdoorsmen who love an excellent chopper that performs exceedingly well around the camp, or anyone who, in general, simply loves a well-crafted bladed implement.

WH

Nice write up! :thumbup:
So any pictures of the proto you were testing? :D

Would love a KhukRat, it would round off all the sizes of knives I need from the Swamp. It's also either this, or wait for Busse to release another KZ or get some more KZ blanks (both seem too long off).

KnobSpring2013_zps4e1facae.jpg

This wall needs some SR101 Killa-Zilla and it will be selling off shelves!

What if we all threaten to not buy another rat if they don't come forth with the khukrat? Nah I don't think I could hold out. I need a new RMD.

Edited to add "RMK". RatmanKuhk?

I know the Khukrat and Swamp muk would both sell well. Alls we can do is hope they come out. *drool*

Question??? Is everyone just stuck on the Kukri blade style or has there been any discussion to other styles. Me personally, I would like to see something along the lines of the old US Model 1909 BOLO. This thing made out of SR-101 would be unstoppable. They had 14" blades and a large belly as well as being able to do some smaller task. Of coarse in lieu of wood grips there would be micarta.

Web link for example:
http://arms2armor.com/Knives/1909bolo.htm

Back