New Collaboration with KnifeResearch

very few knives without fuller were made. if you're interested in one of those, contact morganleah ;)

Last edited:

Neo

Will this knife always be available (at 190€) or will there be only one batch made at a given time (Like the Busse system :( )

Neo

From what I've heard from Fredrik Haakonsen who makes knives from Vanadis-4 extra, the equipment necessary to give vanadis-4 the ideal heat threat is a very big investment. So I think we wont see many knives in vanadis-4 extra.

But if Knife research would be the first production company to make a blade of Vanadis 4 extra, that would be a huge statement :eek: :D

Will this knife always be available (at 190€) or will there be only one batch made at a given time (Like the Busse system :( )

currently we plan to make a single production model.
If we consider a strong demand to make a second production.

But if Knife research would be the first production company to make a blade of Vanadis 4 extra, that would be a huge statement :eek: :D

for the next model we are considering to use or "Vanadis 4 Extra"or "Vanadis 23"

for the next model we are considering to use or "Vanadis 4 Extra"or "Vanadis 23"
Vanadis 4 would be great.
Vanadis 23 not as cool but worth attention non the less.
Of course would also depend on final price.

What kind of knife?
Any interest into Calmax?

Neo

Calmax would be good for very big knives (larger than the legion), vanadis 4 extra for knives smaller than the Legion.
Let's make the legion the first knife of this new company a success ;)

first handle prototype

Knife10.jpg

Knife8.jpg

the problem is the sheaths.
will be ready in ten days or so.
am I taking too much time :(

Better a knife done right while taking a bit more time, than a knife rushed and disappointing us on arrival. Thank you for the updates.

David.

handled it myself, satin one tih black g-10
great knife, great egos

will definitively love mine
maxx

The knife is just in my possession and have already made a first trip where I used to make us a bit of firewood, carving and beat a few stakes, cut some cord and prepare a sandwich ... in short, ordinary stuff ;)

CIMG1463.jpg

CIMG1464.jpg

CIMG1469.jpg

Yesterday I used it to light a fire in the house using the firesteel

CIMG1472.jpg

Today I made a "bit" of batoning, splitting and chopping in my lab (in fact I did firewood) :cool:

First of all I am built the clapper

CIMG1474.jpg

CIMG1475.jpg

CIMG1476.jpg

then I made "ergonomic" removing a bit of shrapnel

CIMG1477.jpg

Then I started to dance. The chestnut wood is seasoned. These were the masts of the vineyard of a friend and through him I have wood for the winter :thumbup:

CIMG1480.jpg

CIMG1487.jpg

CIMG1493.jpg

here my friend (and collaborator as well as chief designer) molletta having fun

CIMG1507.jpg

CIMG1506.jpg

CIMG1504.jpg

after all this work the thread is still perfect even if no more razor sharp.

CIMG1496.jpg

CIMG1514.jpg

CIMG1513.jpg

this is the result

CIMG1498.jpg

will not sharpen the knife until it will be more able to cut fine paper ... for now even though to tear at some point.

I will take a short weekend in the woods by using it to make a building then I will continue laboratory tests on materials less "easy" even seasoned wood.

here's the videoclip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Nh8hTPT8s

I enjoyed

Last edited:
seen, touched and used the Legion for a few minutes.

Impressions: the knife is beautiful, the handle is comfortable and from what I've been able to see, it works fine :thumbup:

it was shaving sharp before and after the outdoor use. and from what Tommy told, after the indoor use (batoning) it was still sharp enough to cut paper with enough ease.

damn sheats... the knives are ready and we still can't have them for the moment! I'm boiling!

now it's just a matter of time and whoever bought the Legion will recieve it soon :D