New Cryo II

Barman1

Gold Member
Just got it today delivered from Cabela's.

Not a bad little knife for the price. Adjustments were just fine out of the package, just put a bit of Remoil on the pivot and worked it a bit and it flies open.
Good positive lockup but my big hands have a tendency to get in the way if I'm not deliberate about positioning.
Figured I'd maybe not use the flipper to deploy the blade with the thumb stud. CAUTION the spring deploys the blade faster than any thumb can move so the blade gets out in front of the thumb and could be an issue if you're not expecting it. Almost ran my thumb long-ways into the blade. Would have sucked a lot.
The edge needed a bit of a touch-up before I would put it in my pocket but is pretty sharp as is new. Good thing with this steel is it's easy to sharpen. Popping hairs after 5 minutes on the ceramic sticks.
It's a little heavy for its size. Put on the scale it was 5.8 oz. And as the photo shows in comparison with my LionSpy it's significantly smaller and the LionSpy weighs 5.9 oz. Not necessarily a fair comparison considering materials but a comparison nonetheless and I just got the LionSpy at the same time today so it was just close at hand.
All in all it's going to be a working EDC and in that role it will do just fine for me.

I'm not the best reviewer so if there are any questions feel free to ask.

4ezb.jpg

jw9a.jpg

ghvm.jpg

z4z8.jpg

i thought cryo 2s were still on pre order only?? have they been being shipped for sometime or is this one of the first??

Well that kind of popped out of nowhere! Thanks for posting- I've had an itch for a tough beater for awhile now...:thumbup:

Some comparison pics!!

Note to new buyers, the pocket clip came in tip down position, and it was absolutely coated in blue threadlocker. I almost stripped the screws before I looked in the frame and saw blue all over the place. I had to submerge it in boiling water to loosen it up enough to switch to tip up carry.

Also, note the difference in clip between Cryo I and II. I switched them right after this picture was taken since I prefer the white KERSHAW lettering.

3bb69667-8929-4687-b66e-26e45b750bb7_zps7c8a33e2.jpg

IMAG0169_zps0d7a6f81.jpg

Finally this is out, and I haven't received mine yet (pre-ordered mine in January). Great review!

I switched the pocket clip for tip down.
Cleaning up the factory installed thread locker residue with alcohol took the finish right off the "Handle: Matte gray titanium-carbo-nitride coated stainless steel". I think it's painted with clear coat maybe?...
Whatever, it has just secured a place as the beater I bought it for.

3ecv.jpg

I switched the pocket clip for tip down.
Cleaning up the factory installed thread locker residue with alcohol took the finish right off the "Handle: Matte gray titanium-carbo-nitride coated stainless steel". I think it's painted with clear coat maybe?...
Whatever, it has just secured a place as the beater I bought it for.

3ecv.jpg

Well might as well dunk the entire thing to make it match.

Problem solved. 320 grit then 800 then 3000 wet sand. Finished up with Flitz.

rwck.jpg

Did you do that to both sides, or just one?

Both.
I'm happy with the new finish.
Having disassembled the knife I found the design very simple. There's not much that can go wrong with it.

7yf5.jpg

Last edited:
Back