1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Dealer Stock

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by KP, Feb 10, 2015.

1. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman RansomWildernessCo Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 13, 2013
    Dale got some new Kardas in at The Knife Connection.

It seems to have been a while for some of the OG dealers to replenish stock. Nice to see them adding new knives.

2. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    While I was one of the main people lobbying hard in 2015 for Shadetree to make some bright yellow burlap, I had nothing to do with the naming of it. Dylan Combs came up with that one on his own. I would have chosen "Sunburst" or "Lemon" or something like that. Sexy? No. Descriptive? Yes.

I would have no problem if they wanted to update the name to something else. Unfortunately, product names tend to stick once they are in the market for a while. Maybe they could use a slightly different burlap and release it as "Electric Lemon" or "Yellow Submarine" or _______? Until then, don't hate the product because the marketing name is quirky.

Phil :)

3. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    I'm down for Philectric burlap.

4. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I'm down for Philo Beddoe Yellow!

5. mjbine

mjbine

Jan 12, 2011
    Love those movies. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    Wow. I'm sorry you guys are having issues with the name of the yellow scales. I'm here to help. In honor of me purchasing that awesome Woodsman, from now on the color formerly know as "Philellow Burlap" will be call NC Rock Climb Burlap. Please send me a nickel every time you use the new name in print or any other media. Cheers!

7. Panthera tigris

Apr 21, 2012
    That has a ring to it.

8. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Not sure when they got there but there are some nice new EDKs and BCKs at The Knife Connection

9. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    I know! ;)

Kidding aside, I don't have knives with similar scales. I am REALLY looking forward to getting it. That it Woodsman #3 for me, and hopefully the last one for a while.

10. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I got the email about these but haven't seen them on the actual site for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

11. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    Hrm I saw them yesterday but it's gone today

12. Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    I got the email several days ago. I've only been able to check on my phone and ipad though so maybe it's a problem with their mobile site. Idk.

13. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i dont see them from my computer either

14. Panthera tigris

Apr 21, 2012
  15. Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
  16. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    I figured it out.. he has fiddleback in two spots

With the main menu:

[​IMG]

And in the handmade custom area:

[​IMG]

Maybe someone who knows him needs to tell him

17. Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    Ah ha.

18. PolRoger

PolRoger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
  19. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    I received my "NC Rock Climb Yellow Burlap" Woodsman today. Once again, I am blown away with the great service from Fiddleback Outpost. They do a fantastic job packaging their knives, and the communication after the sale and during shipping is second to none. Also, the Fat Rope Stick Fire Starter looks like it is going to be awesome.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

20. Scotcha

Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Second the service of the Outpost. Excellent is the word!!!