New Dealer Stock

pertinux pertinux I said that it might just be a little washed out in the photo as I've seem many FBF pics at DLT that tends to make part of the handle washed out or patchy looking. Where it's very rare at some other dealers.

How do you mean?

On this particular knife the micarta seemed 'drier' on the portions that were touching the sheath. I saw it on all the micartas when I was photographing them, which isn't out of the ordinary. It'll go away when used by the owner or when oil is applied to the surface. That being said, when I first read your comment I wondered if what you're talking about was light being highlighted on the handle, but the faded or white portions on the handle are visible in the side view (palm swell and forward on the front of the handle):
FB-3372__82439.1506634225.1280.1280.jpg

There is minimal post processing done on these photographs and they should be WYSIWYG (or as close as to what I can achieve). Anyway, any feedback would be helpful.

How do you mean?

On this particular knife the micarta seemed 'drier' on the portions that were touching the sheath. I saw it on all the micartas when I was photographing them, which isn't out of the ordinary......

....There is minimal post processing done on these photographs and they should be WYSIWYG (or as close as to what I can achieve). Anyway, any feedback would be helpful.

Ok yes, then this is what I see. You do the side profile shot after they go in the sheath and are left with inconsistent oil coverage? Makes sense.

In this case it's more like what you see is worse than what you will get.

I actually emailed about the Bloodwood Terrasaur and was told it's just like that. Probably more likely it needs a little Howard's. Hmmmm.

You can see it particularly badly on the Navy and Evergreen Bushcrafters. Some other wood ones as well.

I guess my input would be to do the sheath shot last, or give them a quick wipe with Howard's after they get fitted in a sheath.

I've also passed on other vendors offerings that looked a little too bright and thought they were processed too optimisticly.

I'd prefer better than pictured to looks worse in person.

Thanks for caring about what a customer on the Internet forums had to say.

If anyone here grabbed that 3/32 Handyman in Desert Ironwood that showed up at the Outpost today...

1) you were fast, and
2) lemme know if you're not happy with it. :)

Nbrackett Nbrackett is right. Unfortunately you're third on the list :eek:

I don't see that one leaving Oz but will definitely let you know.

That look on Robert's face when he says,

eefb604e-8ed3-4b29-810f-0d3acb0005f3.png~original

"Don't you want to make out with it?"

Full footage here

(@Fiddleback Outpost is killin' it with these videos-- info, humor, awesome Stock. And: never dull.:D)

Of course, now I want a Solo Stove BONFIRE!!!!! But not for Robert's reasons.

Oh, and ask Robert about his plans for a certain Drop Point Renegade. Nothing to see here, moving right along.

:cool:

~ P.

That look on Robert's face when he says,

eefb604e-8ed3-4b29-810f-0d3acb0005f3.png~original

"Don't you want to make out with it?"

Full footage here

(@Fiddleback Outpost is killin' it with these videos-- info, humor, awesome Stock. And: never dull.:D)

Of course, now I want a Solo Stove BONFIRE!!!!! But not for Robert's reasons.

Oh, and ask Robert about his plans for a certain Drop Point Renegade. Nothing to see here, moving right along.

:cool:

~ P.
I too have been loving the shows. I do believe there is a love Robert has for that DPR.

When does new stock at the Outpost typically get released? The newsletter doesn’t say - unless I overlooked it somewhere...
Thanks!

When does new stock at the Outpost typically get released? The newsletter doesn’t say - unless I overlooked it somewhere...
Thanks!
Robert will send another email out explaining what’s up for grabs and he will post the time. A lot of times it’s available to subscribers first. Others to all when posted on the actual website. Just keep an eye out for those emails and where to go to find them.

Back