1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dealer Stock

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by KP, Feb 10, 2015.

1. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    Is that a Shank?

2. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Yup.

CAD and Nbrackett like this.
  3. fatboyclone

fatboyclone Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Abe-
    Nice snag! Let me know when you want to send that back to the US!

Scotcha likes this.
  4. Hulk2e

Hulk2e Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Nice one, Abe

Scotcha likes this.
  5. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Sure thing, thanks :)

Thanks Jon :thumbsup:

6. 1jay

1jay Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2016
    That Shank is hype!

7. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    New Dealer Stock

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing this one in your photographs. :thumbsup:

~ P.

Scotcha likes this.
  8. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks ~ P. :thumbsup:

9. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    [QUOTE="Scotcha, post: 17490560, member: 360975"
    @Scotcha Did you get that Shank on DLT's site??? HOLY SMOKES that is sweet. It looks like your style Abe!

FIRST DIBS???
    EDIT. Looks like @fatboyclone called first dibs. 2nd for me. LOL.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Scotcha likes this.
  10. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks Eric. Yes, it’s from DLT. They have been taking all my money recently :eek:

Had to give in to this one as well. Not my fault that all the ones I’ve been after become available at the same time :D
    DB07414B-04F2-4493-93E2-CB042B7D372B.jpeg

11. TrainedBullets

TrainedBullets Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2017
    I've been telling myself the same thing (grabbed three since I got the bug vs the one I budgeted for).

I pretty much never do that (spend over budget), but when the FF you're looking for comes up, passing has it's downside, especially if you're picky about handle material, colors, TT vs SFT, etc.

I currently have two more I'm on the lookout for. My bank account is hoping neither gets made until mid January.

12. Choppaman

May 6, 2017
    Another great score. I wish I would have seen that BC in Osage. I would have liked that.

Scotcha likes this.
  13. Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    @TrainedBullets it’s very true, I’ve passed on a few that I really wanted and then had to wait and wait till one showed up again. If it’s on a Friday sale and I’m not fast enough the waiting game begins again. Welcome to the addiction :thumbsup:

@Choppaman Thanks. I cursed out aloud when I saw that the BC Jr had sold. It got me into a bit of trouble with my daughter.

Daddy you’re naughty....that’s a very inappropriate word ( coming from a 5 year old ).

Nbrackett likes this.
  14. Choppaman

May 6, 2017
    Yes. Putting the filter on myself this weekend. We have our 4 year old grandson for the weekend. Don't want those inappropriate words going back to mom/dad!!
    That BC JR, dang it!!!

Scotcha likes this.
  15. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    Great pickups. I quickly perused through the offerings at DLT and Fiddleback Outpost but found it prudent to resist. I've bought 8 FBF customs in as many weeks lol.

The downside is, with so many patterns, materials and thicknesses available there are literally hundreds of examples I could want. I need to find a more strict system than "I like that" to help limit the buying.

16. Choppaman

May 6, 2017
    NAH!!!!

Nbrackett and Tekton like this.
  17. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Resistance is futile.

18. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    In my former life, I would have been all Ha Ha, You Guys, but recent releases have put me in the exact same boat!

[​IMG] but also: [​IMG]

because:
    Precisely, like if a blue 1/8" tapered-tang Sylvrfalcen finally comes along, and one jumps on that only to have the perfect Handyman suddenly appear within weeks (ticking ALL one's boxes, which is rare and lucky given the variables of material, pattern, tang and Timing, as noted above), only to be surprised by a stunning blue Runt (of all things!) a few scant weeks later? Shenanigans and scrapings-together.

I, er, read about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to New Dealer Stock: if anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas, this would do:

[​IMG]

Please and thank you.

Oh, and I am all set with my Patch, and then some, so I highly recommend this one for someone else:

[​IMG]

Wowzer, Fiddleback Forge and their dealers are killin' it right now....

~ P.

19. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    @pertinux Funny you mention that Patch. I showed it to my wife last night via SMS from work as she's looking for a new knife. She said she didn't like the white patchiness of it. I said that it might just be a little washed out in the photo as I've seem many FBF pics at DLT that tends to make part of the handle washed out or patchy looking. Where it's very rare at some other dealers. She hummed and said, I don't like the blotchy blade anymore.

Ahhhhh what?!

I guess I have to find a full ground one now. Might as well just order her a Unicorn now and be done with it.

20. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    I hate to even suggest this but you could take a folded paper towel and some diapaste compound to it, rubbing vertically only and remove the darkened spalting.