NEW Demko Shark Lock & AD-20

My guess is they’ll keep making these for some time and with a little patience they’ll be very obtainable. Suggest you follow the Facebook or Twitter pages of a couple of the main retailers for updates. I just happened to see a bunch were dropping at DLT. That’s how I got the Ti one this week.
Appreciate the heads up!

Meant Facebook or Instagram pages.

Also, I wouldn’t hold my breath for a Cold Steel version. With the originals coming in at $425 with premium materials, I don’t see a factory version being that competitive. Maybe if Demko gets tired making them and wants to move to a new project . .

Meant Facebook or Instagram pages.

Also, I wouldn’t hold my breath for a Cold Steel version. With the originals coming in at $425 with premium materials, I don’t see a factory version being that competitive. Maybe if Demko gets tired making them and wants to move to a new project . .
I think having a $200 S35VN cold steel AD20 is reasonable and a lot of people will buy it. According to Demko, the 20 is much easier to manufacture and dialed in than the 15 and 10, so it’s not out of question that CS can create a version that’s around the same price as the AD10 which is now around $180 street.
Think of the Hinderer XM18 vs the ZT0562 or Eklipse vs ZT0393. Hinderer produced version are less than 2x the price but both are popular in the market.
I own the MG AD20 and I’ll get a cold steel version in a heartbeat.

I dont see it happening in 2021 if it does id be shocked. Right now, each batch of AD20s that go to dealers are gone in a few hrs; untill that dies off i couldnt imagine a factory version coming out and interfering with that...

10/15/20 - there are no knives more appropriate for today

121408913_777090409504634_694336735315790479_n.jpg

Hi guys, love this knife and I hope to own one very soon. Question, which is the knife from Cold Steel you can compare it to the most? I am talking about the lock strength. Any ideas? Is the lock really that strong? Is it self adjusting or not? Really would like to hear from you guys.

Cant really compare it to anything else because its so different but its plenty strong,and very easy to use.It should be self adjusting because the spring pushes it foward so it will find its way to where it needs to be.Always see alot of posts concerning lock strength.Anything Andrew Demko makes will be a strong lock,that in itself should put any doubts to rest instantly....

Thanks Goldie. Keep reading about how great and strong this knife is. Has any of you owners put it to a real hard use test? If so, how did the knife hold up?

In terms of lock strength:
AD10 > AD20 > AD15

In terms of ease of operations:
AD20 > AD15 > AD10

The Shark lock combine the best of strength and ease of operation.

According to Demko, AD20 is also much easier to manufacture than AD15, and AD15 was supposed to be easier to manufacture than AD10.

Finally, according to Demko, Shark lock is also designed to be modular where you can swap different blade to the same handle, or even swap a different handle shape with the same lock. because it doesn’t need crazy tolerance for the lock to work, unlike the Triad lock.

I still prefer the Triad lock the most. It’s the only design of the 3 that doesn’t need liners in the non-metal handle to be strong enough. This gives it the potential to have the highest strength to weight ratio. It’s hard to make knives like Airlite and Broken Skull with Scorpion or Shark lock.

Finally, according to Demko, Shark lock is also designed to be modular where you can swap different blade to the same handle, or even swap a different handle shape with the same lock.

That's very interesting, I wonder if they can get the handle a bit smaller with the same size blade

Back