New Finish on BK29?

Joined the forum yesterday and looking for the same answer on removing coating. I tried one product from Home Depot and nothing. Had seen numerous Youtube videos using Jasco 15 minute product. Had a local True Value order it for me and after a short time failure, let it sit overnight and still nothing. The product I received states non-methylene chloride formula. According to an internet search for methylene chloride. Banned in US sometime in 2019. Any suggestions and thanks for any response.
Welcome and have fun here, all kinds of knowledge here.

Do you have any type of oil on your Knife? Wash first in hot soapy water first :thumbsup: Jasco should work pretty fast :thumbsup:
No oil on knife either time trying. I believe products with methylene chloride are banned as of this year. Have, I hope the good stuff, ordered off of Amazon from a beauty supply store. Go figure, can't buy at Home Depot or Lowe's but they have it at a beauty shop. If it works on the BK16 I may try on my BK9. Also have a USMC Kabar purchased at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Georgia many years ago.

No oil on knife either time trying. I believe products with methylene chloride are banned as of this year. Have, I hope the good stuff, ordered off of Amazon from a beauty supply store. Go figure, can't buy at Home Depot or Lowe's but they have it at a beauty shop. If it works on the BK16 I may try on my BK9. Also have a USMC Kabar purchased at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Georgia many years ago.
Good luck to you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back