New GEC Lock Back Bullbuster

Torx screws, micarta, not really the way GEC should be heading in my opinion. We are traditional knife enthusiasts. It puzzles me that GEC churns out so many uninteresting micarta knives when their main market is people looking for special production knives that take pride of place on the mantle.

I don't mind micarta, I like it better than acrylics and plastics.
But Torx screws??? Just no, please.

Don't get all excited Mike. It was a typo. Torx screws might be just the way GEC should go.

Whew, thanks for the clarification - I thought you were doing it just to get me all riled up :D

Torx screws, micarta, not really the way GEC should be heading in my opinion. We are traditional knife enthusiasts. It puzzles me that GEC churns out so many uninteresting micarta knives when their main market is people looking for special production knives that take pride of place on the mantle.

They are not really "heading" toward micarta. They didn't use it a lot until the customer demand got overwhelming for it. So, now they use it fairly often - and have for many years. Very few versions outsell the canvas micarta or linen micarta of certain colors. Folks have cooled on the OD linen; but everything else is very popular.

Torx screws was a friendly jab at Ed (because they are silly).

Strange, I have only rarely seen a post on these forums where someone gets excited about a Micarta version. And although I think of jigged delrin as a poor substitute for bone, I would be very happy to see sawcut delrin used on GEC knives like stockmans and barlows, as it is so traditional, it seems they never do.

Looks like GEC has released their #21 Bull Buster. We ought to be getting them soon.

Have you got it yet. If so, please post pics.

Nope, not yet. I'm in Canada, so I honestly expect it'll take 2-6 weeks to get here. Customs like to send all knives for "additional processing" these days, so it usually takes a while before they determine that no, a slipjoint is not a prohibited weapon....lol.

Back