New GSM Cold Steel Refuses to Sell/Ship Me Replacement Pocket Clip

I'm thinking that no left-handed clip might actually be a benefit for lefties. If you don't have a clip, you won't ever get a CSW (Cold Steel Wedgie) when you try to pull your knife out of your pocket, but it won't let go, resulting in pulling your pants upward by an uncomfortable amount. You can tell a right-handed Cold Steel folding knife carrier because they're always trying to pull the wedgie out when they're walking.

I have a CTS XHP Recon 1 and a Lawman in the same steel, I was looking for the extra clips the other day and I don't think either had them. As, both were bought NIB and I always just leave the lefty clips in the box. A Broken Skull in the same steel has both.

Hmmmm . . . I see a lucrative secondary market for lefty Cold Steel pocket clips that are sitting in boxes and drawers all around the country . . .
Honestly it's possible to get used to just the righty clip, but not ideal.

Honestly it's possible to get used to just the righty clip, but not ideal.
Not possible if you're a leftie and want to use the wave feature, the knife faces the opposite direction. Tbh when Cold Steel was sold they also sold out what made them special. The fact they refused to even sell me a clip shows they don't care about their customers and this will cost them sales in the long run.

Not possible if you're a leftie and want to use the wave feature, the knife faces the opposite direction. Tbh when Cold Steel was sold they also sold out what made them special. The fact they refused to even sell me a clip shows they don't care about their customers and this will cost them sales in the long run.
Fair enough. I agree with everyone else that getting a clip should be an afterthought, and a thread like this should even exist for a reputable knife company. C CS StickMan do you copy?

Wave it into a reverse grip, Charlie Mike style...it actually works better and you maintain a more stable grip.

I think you guys are overthinking this a bit. GSM is not in business to make Cold Steel better. They are in business of purchasing companies and making an ROI.
Does your clamshell Big Box Store knife come with a reversible/extra clip? What they have is a metric butt-load of knives with scales DESIGNED to have a lefty option but are out of lefty clips. When those are gone, they will either discontinue the model if it is lackluster or problematic to the beancounters, or just order scales not drilled for left handed carry. It's a small percentage of the population. who cares? Gun manufactures sell a ton of 1911s with no ambi safety. If a lefty wants one, then they either need to buy and fit the part or buy a different brand. The manufacturer doesn't care. Plenty of righties to go 'round.

From what I can see from a few tea leaves, I think their business model is: Dangle a carrot to the base. Include LT, make videos that are kinda like watered down Proof...oh hey! a pretty girl!, release a line up of decidedly boring/uninspired/easily scalable knives, keep dangling that carrot that classic designs of upgraded quality are on the way, quietly kill off anything that won't turn a profit within whatever business cycle timeline they are planning on keeping the company before selling it, and finally walk away with a few bags of gold before they unload the husk of a shell that was once Cold Steel on whatever next investment group thinks they can squeeze blood from this stone.

Back