1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New guy, new knife

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Whiskey_n_wine, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Southern Gent

Southern Gent

Apr 3, 2015
    Welcome and congrats! you have a beauty right there. Don't worry, your Lady will look better with a patina and she'll appreciate you for it.

Lady1911 and Whiskey_n_wine like this.
  2. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Beautiful Ladyfinger!! That handle is gorgeous!! I am still hoping to land a Little Lady at some point in the future.

3. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Sweet blade--you're off to a great start! Love, love, love Desert Ironwood... excellent choice :thumbsup:

4. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I agree, if you actually use it and let it patina, you'll develop a special bond with it. Way better than putting it away as a safe queen.

5. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    To me the beauty in that knife is a beauty that begs for use it cries out for battle scars from chopping limbs and gutting game.

Bmurray and Cohutta like this.
  6. Whiskey_n_wine

Whiskey_n_wine

Jan 2, 2019
    I'll definitely put it to use in the kitchen. I find a patina to be a feature rather than a flaw. It may be a while before I get a chance to use it in a camp/Bushcraft capacity. Thank you for all the kind comments! Looking forward to exploring this community!

Lady1911, Nbrackett and Bmurray like this.
  7. jthrift21

jthrift21

Oct 24, 2016
    To be honest, the patina on my first Hiking Buddy mainly came from slicing limes in the kitchen for my rum and cokes.:)

Outpost Allison and Lady1911 like this.
  8. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear

Apr 29, 2016
    Welcome! Pull up a chair and get comfortable...you're going to be here awhile! :D

That's the most awesome thing I've ever read.

Nbrackett likes this.
  9. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Great post! Thats a sweet one. The Ladyfinger is really suited to a 3/32" thick blade IMO.

Lady1911 likes this.