New guy!

Nice collection evltcat. I often wonder the total number of Bussekin owned by all members on BF. Like many here, I tend to be discreet regarding my collection. Not that I mistrust anyone I know on BF, but don’t know everyone, and information gets around.

I was burglarized a few years back in another home. Makes you a bit cautious. Got smart and put my most valuable pieces in my bank safe deposit box. The remaining are safely guarded by Messers Brinks and Glock. Have a great weekend.

Yep....
I didn't listen either, and before I knew it, this happened...
12258109444_d5100cc98d_o.jpg

26151491561_0213c55140_o.jpg

29861807103_aa0f6c339b_o.jpg

Bid farewell to your disposable (and not so disposable ;) ) income!

All I can say is....WOW! Beautiful collection!

Nice collection evltcat. I often wonder the total number of Bussekin owned by all members on BF. Like many here, I tend to be discreet regarding my collection. Not that I mistrust anyone I know on BF, but don’t know everyone, and information gets around.

I was burglarized a few years back in another home. Makes you a bit cautious. Got smart and put my most valuable pieces in my bank safe deposit box. The remaining are safely guarded by Messers Brinks and Glock. Have a great weekend.

Smart man! I don't post pictures of my firearms at all. Oh wait! I moved from NC to NY so I don't have any! Lost them in a boating accident!

Boating accident? I like that one ;) ... So yea, based on your brief history, I'd put you in the "Doomed" column - it's a great place to be when it's the right time to be there but it would all be meaningless without all these amazing people. Think of them like a sponsor, isn't that what they call a support buddy in one of those 12 step things you mentioned? Pretty much the same thing just in a way that's easier to just admit you got the bug and it's cool and you don't have to expend an ounce of energy trying to fix something that's already perfect LOL! ;):thumbsup:

I can pretty much summarize my knife life into two categories.

BB - Before Busse. And AB - No explanation necessary.

Chris Reeve folders got me hooked also.

I can pretty much summarize my knife life into two categories.

BB - Before Busse. And AB - No explanation necessary.

Chris Reeve folders got me hooked also.

Love Chris Reeves,but I lose them! I'm down 2 sebenzas now!

Life before Busse was boring...lol!

How do you lose them? Fall out of pocket, or just misplace them?

Think most carry folders incorrectly in front pocket where clip can be dislodged and knife pushed up and out during natural sitting action. I carry mine close to outside seam in right back pocket.

Sitting action actually hold knife in tighter due to pocket stretching convexly around buttocks. No other way to say it delicately. Never had a knife come out and carry big folders everyday. Give it a go.

Last edited:
Think most carry folders incorrectly in front pocket where clip can be dislodged and knife pushed up and out during natural sitting action. I carry mine close to outside seam in right back pocket. Sitting action actually hold knife in tighter due to pocket stretching convexly around buttocks. No other way to say it delicately. Never had a knife come out and carry big folders everyday. Give it a go.
I'll give it a try! So far I've had good luck with my ZT 0452Ti blue,but it's no Sebenza...lol!

... I often wonder the total number of Bussekin owned by all members on BF...

I have far more Busses than I could ever possibly use, but considerably fewer than I desperately need. Does that help?

BTW and IIRC, Cobalt once opined there were actually only a handful of 1/300 SHBM’s ever produced. His premise was that forum members here were just continually buying and selling those few back and forth between themselves.

Same here as you, Will. The more you collect, the less you have to collect. Have pretty much concentrated my B'kin acquisitions to ASH1's; SJTAC's; DSF/DSSF's;
and older Straight Handles of any model. But also collect Sebenza's, and other CRK folders. And, of course the occasional other brand knife that catches my fancy. Never ending search. Hopefully.

All I can say is....WOW! Beautiful collection!

Thank you both! :)
tuica, I have a very small collection compared to any of the HOGs and about a small junk drawer next to the wiley Stealth HOGs frequenting the forums. I'm sure there are some with thousands of Busse/Kin that we'll never see a pic of unless they go up in the Exchange a few at a time. With O2W and O2WP2, I've gotten much, much pickier. I think I jumped in on about 7 out of the last 25+ offerings.

We were burglarized when I was a kid, and I understand completely. I'm onboard with a war sword, Brinks, and the ever faithful 1911. ;)

Back