New infidel FAKE??

I5KR80u.jpg

Ok now that I'm researching I am a little nervous that it may be a clone when I bought it i got just the knife (used) no silk bag no molle sheath ok fine but I want to send it back to benchmade to have it sharpened and tuned up(I've bought a bunch of used benchmade and you basically get a new knife back) how ever if you send in a counterfeit they destroy it for you
icon_smile_big.gif

Here's some pics if you guys need anymore or anything specific please let me know

rW2dI57.jpg

hqVNfXg.jpg

SnKBKnl.jpg

sgEJqNA.jpg

IfPznQo.jpg

Looks ok to me too. Maybe post some pics on the bm forum and see what they think.

Looks exactly like my three..YouTube fake vs real infidel and there is a vid that shows the differences...yours appears very real..usually the pocket clip is a giveaway for a fake..as is the deployment button.

My only concern is that my pocket clip does not have the butterfly at the bottom

I can't say that I have ever seen an infidel with a butterfly on the clip.

Looks real. I wouldn't be THAT concerned with the butterfly since I've seen them at trusted and authorized Benchmade dealers without the butterfly.

It looks good to me. The butterfly logo on the pocket clip comes on some models but not all. I know that mine is authentic and it does not have the butterfly on the clip.

The blade looks shiny, like it was painted.

Shouldn't it be dull in finish, from the coating?

I did notice some tiny rust spots on the cutting edge, you might want to get that taken care of. As far as the shiny blade goes, I have a few black coated BM that with a lot of use get a little shiny. How is the weight of the knife? It should weigh right at 5oz. The fakes I have seen seem to almost double that weight. I would be very surprised if it were a fake.

Butteryfly is not on the newer generations of infidels. Production stopped late 2013, the 2014-2015 clip look just like that.

Benched stopped putting butterflies on the infidel clips in 2013, the 2014-2015 OTF models do not have butterflies on the bottom anymore. It will have just the distressed infidel print on the clip. Also it will have the full information below McHernry, it looks good

Also to mention, don't send it to Benchmade for anything. From everything I've heard unless you are LEO or active military they wont send it back to you for switchblade shipping legally stuff. Take that with a grain of salt as your results may vary.

They would be breaking federal law if they shipped it to you across state lines unless you fall into one of the narrow exceptions to the criminal statute. And you would be breaking federal law by shipping it across state lines to them. If you don't care, they may, having Spyderco's expensive lesson before them.

So you guys are saying they can't ship a switchblade via mail due to federal law? I just had my Kershaw launch shipped to me from bladehq what would be the difference again just asking never heard about the return issue before.

29 U.S. Code
§1241. Definitions
(a) The term “interstate commerce” means commerce between any State, Territory, possession of the United States, or the District of Columbia, and any place outside thereof.

(b) The term “switchblade knife” means any knife having a blade which opens automatically—

(1) by hand pressure applied to a button or other device in the handle of the knife, or
(2) by operation of inertia, gravity, or both.

§1242. Introduction, manufacture for introduction, transportation or distribution in interstate commerce; penalty

Whoever knowingly introduces, or manufactures for introduction, into interstate commerce, or transports or distributes in interstate commerce, any switchblade knife, shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
(Pub. L. 85–623, §2, Aug. 12, 1958, 72 Stat. 562.)

§1244. Exceptions
Sections 1242 and 1243 of this title shall not apply to—
(1) any common carrier or contract carrier, with respect to any switchblade knife shipped, transported, or delivered for shipment in interstate commerce in the ordinary course of business;
(2) the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce, of switchblade knives pursuant to contract with the Armed Forces;
(3) the Armed Forces or any member or employee thereof acting in the performance of his duty;
(4) the possession, and transportation upon his person, of any switchblade knife with a blade three inches or less in length by any individual who has only one arm; or
(5) a knife that contains a spring, detent, or other mechanism designed to create a bias toward closure of the blade and that requires exertion applied to the blade by hand, wrist, or arm to overcome the bias toward closure to assist in opening the knife.

TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 83 - POSTAL SERVICE

Section 1716. Injurious articles as nonmailable

(g) All knives having a blade which opens automatically (1) by hand pressure applied to a button or other device in the handle of the knife, or (2) by operation of inertia, gravity, or both, are nonmailable and shall not be deposited in or carried by the mails or delivered by any officer or employee of the Postal Service. Such knives may be conveyed in the mails, under such regulations as the Postal Service shall prescribe -

(1) to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
(2) to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National Guard, or militia of a State ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of such organizations;
(3) to supply or procurement officers or employees of any State, or any political subdivision of a State or Territory, ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of such government; and
4) to manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant to an order from any person designated in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3).

The Postal Service may require, as a condition of conveying any such knife in the mails, that any person proposing to mail such knife explain in writing to the satisfaction of the Postal Service that the mailing of such knife will not be in violation of this section.

Back