New infidel FAKE??

Wow so bladehq is committing a lot of crimes everyday

Interesting, because every time that I have tried to buy an auto from Bladehq, I have always been asked to verify or at least disclose whether I was Military / LEO or followed one of the exceptions. I would think that you can only buy autos from Bladehq if you were in Utah

Interesting, because every time that I have tried to buy an auto from Bladehq, I have always been asked to verify or at least disclose whether I was Military / LEO or followed one of the exceptions. I would think that you can only buy autos from Bladehq if you were in Utah

I see no exception for LEOs.

The military exception is for automatic knives contracted for by the military or automatics being sent to personnel for whom part of their duty to carry an automatic knife. Just being military is not enough.

They can be sent to an LEO procurement officer, not to LEO directly. At least that's what I've heard before, might be an exception if the procurement officer signs off for it.

They can be sent to an LEO procurement officer, not to LEO directly. At least that's what I've heard before, might be an exception if the procurement officer signs off for it.

Which of the exceptions says that?

(1) any common carrier or contract carrier, with respect to any switchblade knife shipped, transported, or delivered for shipment in interstate commerce in the ordinary course of business;
(2) the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce, of switchblade knives pursuant to contract with the Armed Forces;
(3) the Armed Forces or any member or employee thereof acting in the performance of his duty;
(4) the possession, and transportation upon his person, of any switchblade knife with a blade three inches or less in length by any individual who has only one arm; or
(5) a knife that contains a spring, detent, or other mechanism designed to create a bias toward closure of the blade and that requires exertion applied to the blade by hand, wrist, or arm to overcome the bias toward closure to assist in opening the knife.

Yeah I was never asked anything when I bought my launch from them a few weeks ago

Someone else may be searching for the same information now. Thank you for posting, Stephen.

That would be me. I found an Infidel that looks just like the OP's at a pawn shop. I've been searching for a picture of a blade that matches it (patent number & NSN running the length of the bade) Found it here.
The only weird thing is the blade length. She laid it down on a ruler and the blade was about 3.6" from handle to tip. They should be 3.9" or 3.1". Maybe Benchmade changed it over the years?

Last edited:
that sounds like whoever originally owned it may have broken off the tip & then reground it

Maybe. I'm pretty sure it was manufactured that way. It might just be a good-looking fake. I'll check it out again today.

Back