new knife building in progress

Thanks, lightleak.

The small edge on the spine near the point is supposed to be a firesteel striker.
As the spine has no sharp corner (it's shaped like some of the Japanese swords), this knife has the main cutting edge as its only sharp part, which I thought it will be somewhat inconvenient. It worked, but I have to say normally sharp square spine is much more convenient :D
It has a red thin G10 liner as a spacer which I thought it will show more bright color because there are so many G10 handle scale blades of striking colours but it turned out to be quite dark in this particular case.

Fujita-San! Konnichiwa?

It has been indeed a long time since you've posted (and your nature pictures subarashii), but after you've finally done so now, it is wonderful to see you build your knives. It has that unique design which intrigued me since you showed it here in the forums some years back.

Incidentally, I have Japanese visitor from Yokohama who is now learning both English and Filipino martial arts with me. He's a carpenter by trade and also interested in wood craft-making.

Knonnichiwa, Untamed-san!
good to see you again and I'm happy to see you still remembered me.
Thar carpenter story sounds nice. Language and martial arts.. both are desirable skills!

tumblr_n3n9hhbZiI1qa9dl0o1_1280.jpg

They're finally done. So I put maker's mark on each blade, although the one stays with me has failed at the thong hole :D
The logo is that of my company. This bird turnstone turns stone to feed, and my company regularly do data analysis, stochastic modeling
and related jobs. That is, this kind of job must turn stones to seek something good.
We humans also sometimes turn stones to find crabs in the wilderness, do we ? :D

I've etched on 12V DC powersource (a batt charger) with saltwater. It took only a few minutes.
The mask is a dry transfer, which I've sent a picture to the shop and printed. The cost was around 30usd.

Again, thanks for watching and reading!!

Back