1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Layout Sucks

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Woodcamo Nut, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodcamo Nut

Woodcamo Nut

Apr 15, 2014
    The new server/layout of this site is much worse than the previous one, and there isn't even an option to change the background to black like the previous layout was. The white layout is way too bright and hurts my eyes. The old Bladeforum was much better, why change something that was already perfect?

powernoodle and ctrsurf like this.
  2. GaryFlorida

GaryFlorida

Sep 30, 2014
    I must agree. Where are folders and fixed blades for sale?? I hate change. Too bright!

3. OilMan

OilMan Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    At least give them a chance to dial it in before you go off about it..

4. NonDairy

NonDairy

Sep 19, 2011
    I agree. I really liked the old setup. Had it tweaked just right for my eyes.

5. Woodcamo Nut

Woodcamo Nut

Apr 15, 2014
    It definitely needs a tune up, hopefully they could get it back exactly how the previous forum was. I think the previous one was flawless.

6. Area FiftyOne

Area FiftyOne

Jun 15, 2016
    I happen to like the new layout. It takes me to the first unread on any listing unlike the old forum. That was my beef on the old software. The
    white background makes it easier for me to read (old eyes). If the color hurts your eyes just tone down your brightness. Get used to the changes and give the moderator a chance to tweak the software a bit before complaining. I'm happy with the changes!!

T.K.C. likes this.
  7. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm still trying to figure out how to close one of my sale threads....

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  8. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton

Feb 23, 2017
    I can get used to this format but, I must agree w/ others here on the white-only backgound. Hopefully they will make some alternate, darker color schemes available (black, OD Green, Dark Earth Brown etc.) as the solid white huts my eyes too.

9. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm a gold member, but I can't start a new sales thread in the folders section. There's not a box to click "Create new thread".

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  10. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    I think I'll get used to it. The one thing I would like is to see all the sub forums on a single page rather than the way it is now and the need for scrolling.

Try looking near the top right for create button.

11. OilMan

OilMan Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    Thought I saw where Spark was closing it for a while til he got some more bugs fixed?

bigmark408 likes this.
  12. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I hate updated sites I like things the way they were...

13. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Change is tough sometimes. The new forum has some good and bad features, but overall I think it will be an improvement. I am hoping the Trades section will be added back into the Exchange because I don't see it now.

14. Woodcamo Nut

Woodcamo Nut

Apr 15, 2014
    Would also be good if I could actually have a profile picture in my avatar without being a gold member, the question mark on the avatar looks pretty lame.

15. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I just don't like having to excessively scroll downwards to see all the forums. On the old forums, nearly every forum was accessible from the main forum page with a minimum of scrolling downward.

Officer's Match and brancron like this.
  16. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    This scroll down crap is lame.

17. PURPLEDC

PURPLEDC

Apr 4, 2007
    Maybe the forum could be open for 24 hours before crying about it. Im sure the changes were a necessary evil.

18. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    It'll all get tweaked over the coming weeks, I'm sure. First priority was getting things up and running again. The cosmetic stuff comes later.

BenchCo Spydermade likes this.
  19. A-MAC

A-MAC Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Much more mobile friendly, that's for sure. Everyone take a deep breath. It's back up and Spark is still working on it. Check out his thread in the Tech section and complain there, your cause might get added to the list of things to do.

20. Woodcamo Nut

Woodcamo Nut

Apr 15, 2014
    The excessive scrolling down does suck and gives a headache.

Officer's Match likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.