New limited edition benchmade 940?

I saw a few posts on a limited edition benchmade 940 coming out but I couldn't find any additional information. Are there plans in the pipeline?

I think a lot of us would be thrilled to have one with m390 or another top of the line steel :)

I am very interested in a limited 940 if a new one is coming out. I hope someone chimes in with some info soon.

I thing I remember one being discussed on the benchmade forums about 6 months ago. I think it was a KnifeWorks Exclusive that was supposed to come out after they put out the M390 710. Haven't seen or heard anything else about it.

RR

From what I remember reading it would be G10 handle, but I think it was just going to be S30V as far as blade steel (subject to change though)

From what I remember reading it would be G10 handle, but I think it was just going to be S30V as far as blade steel (subject to change though)

I was hoping for another 940 with carbon fiber scales and an M4 or M390 blade, but I will certainly check out a G10 with S30V if that's what they come out with.

I wouldn't care what blade steel they used if they made it in CF. I'd buy one anyways.

With any luck, KW should have a G-10 / M390 940 next year.

(Thinking back to the Blade show lunch in 2012

I hope you're right, I would buy that in a heartbeat. Hopefully KW will also be coming out with some kind of LE Ritter Grip in 2014 as well.

Ritter grip and 940 LE with M390 ,well that is something we are all hoping for.:)

Per a recent (within the last week) email exchange with a employee this is still in the works. G-10 at least but not sure of the steel. I let them know of my interest in at least one. To guarantee it happening I strongly suggest contacting them to express your interest in such a knife. Expressed customer interest can be a major factor in making it happen.

Per a recent (within the last week) email exchange with a employee this is still in the works. G-10 at least but not sure of the steel. I let them know of my interest in at least one. To guarantee it happening I strongly suggest contacting them to express your interest in such a knife. Expressed customer interest can be a major factor in making it happen.

That's a great idea, I'll be making a call into KW tomorrow morning for sure.

That's a great idea, I'll be making a call into KW tomorrow morning for sure.
Calling never hurts but BM knows that there is a lot of interest in a LE 940 in any form. If its in the works then it will eventually come to fruition.

Calling never hurts but BM knows that there is a lot of interest in a LE 940 in any form. If its in the works then it will eventually come to fruition.

This is true, but the part of your statement, "a LE in any form" could imply various requests made by GP, BHQ, KW, etc to Benchmade as a whole. This particular sentiment is geared only towrads KW and what they have planned. I have ordered many knives from Roger, have spent a ton of money there, so I have no apprehension in regards to calling them and lending some moral, as well as financial support, towards their next exclusive model.

Back