1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New limited edition benchmade 940?

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by worshipNtribute, Jul 8, 2013.

1. R_einan

R_einan

Jun 26, 2013
    A 940 in G10 with a m390 blade sounds pretty good to me as does an LE ritter. Damn this hobby is getting expensive!

RE

2. BladeChick777

BladeChick777

Jun 20, 2011
    I would love a 940 in G-10 and M390. However, CF would be awesome as well.
    An LE Ritter would be great, specifically some kind of G-10 or CF and m390 or m4.

How about a limited 550HG Grip in G-10 and some kind of better steel?

There's a few limited Benchmade knives I'd love to see.

3. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Ritter grip or 940 in M390 would be great for 2014.

4. boobar

boobar Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2002
    This would interest me as well but if the release it with CF I will pass.

5. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Any premium steel like M390 would be great. Much prefer CF to G10 although I love the green aluminum as is.

6. IcetoSeeYou

IcetoSeeYou

Jul 18, 2013
    Yeah, I was thinking that. Oh well, sooooooo long wallet.

7. Moxy

Moxy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2011
    A G10 m390 940 would be killer! Add me to the list.

The 940 is one of my all time favorite Benchmades. I love the 940's evil twin brother, the Guacho, too. I recently scored a Ti 940 on eBay. I've been searching for one of those for a while now.

8. PaulTR

PaulTR

Jul 31, 2013
    I would love to own a 940 with anything but aluminum handles. G10, carbon fiber, titanium, you name it, I'd take it. An uprgrade in steel might be nice too, but I can live with S30v.

9. beimerja

beimerja

Apr 7, 2013
    +1 to PaulTR, but I really would like to see a limited ed. doug ritter mini with any other material than the normal plastic noryl GTX handles...there have been so many limited 940 models but never a mini grip with an upgrade in handle scales. Just sayin I'd like to see that first :)

10. jkarp_53

jkarp_53

May 25, 2006
    Good idea this. I've owned three Ritters and kept none; detest the GTX scales. Give me the same knife in G-10 and I might just keep it. :rolleyes:

11. worshipNtribute

worshipNtribute

Jan 12, 2012
    I actually don't mind the GTX scales. They don't tear up my pockets like g10 and they have decent grip.

I'd prefer carbon fiber though :)

12. MarkG1965

MarkG1965

Jul 17, 2013
    I think a G-10 940 would be pretty cool. If I remember correctly I think it was going to be red/black G-10.

You can express your interest to either party (KW or Benchmade) however as is the case with these LE's, what materials are used is often a complex dance between the parties, often it has to do with materials on hand and a host of other issues.

So in other words, one does not just go to Benchmade and say "I want THIS knife..." You might end up with something close, maybe.