New Model - Bourbon Street Skinner

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Dealer / Materials Provider
This is a pointy design I came up with just after Christmas. I was drawing and decided to do something out of my normal comfort zone. I really love the sexy curves in this model. I'm calling it the Bourbon Street Skinner. The knife is 9 3/8" long. The blade is 4.5 long and the handle is a big 5" handfull. The curves on this knife are sexy. I told leah it reminded me of that leg lamp in Christmas Story. These two prototypes are both available. I'll have Robert make sheaths for them. They are ground from 3/16" 3D Spalted 01 steel. The main grind is a convex sabergrind. There is a pretty false edged swedge ground on the back of the blade too. One handle is black on nat can with an orange stripe ($280 shipped with sheath). The second handle is nat can bolstered Osage Orange ($300 shipped with sheath). I have two more of these cut downstairs as I'm really stoked about this model. Its pointy, but it does kitchen duty to fuzz sticks. What do y'all think?

20120127104_5120-vi.jpg

20120127104_5121-vi.jpg

20120127104_5122-vi.jpg

20120127104_5126-vi.jpg

20120127104_5128-vi.jpg

20120127104_5131-vi.jpg

20120127104_5132-vi.jpg

20120127104_5133-vi.jpg

RWT

Incredible, this may actually be exactly my perfect knife, especially the handle. Will you be making more or adding this as a standard model moving forward?

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Yes. I will be making these frequently in the future, and adding them to the normal lineup!

RWT

Thank you, I am strapped now waiting on a Busse custom and the government to release the budget so I can get a commission check:). This is #1 on my list. To me the perfect handle and the perfect blade shape for my needs. Finally a 5" handle length.

rpn

Gold Member
Looks like a nasty fighter, how does it handle? Is it fast in hand?

Looks like another winner!

Very nice indeed. I've felt like I could use a good knife on Bourbon Street a few times too...

Hey Jared, if Andy accidently sends that to my house you can just stop by and pick it up since we're so close... ;)

Rockywolf

Gold Member
Beautiful lines! A knife like this would augment my training regimen. Gonna start saving!

Very nice indeed. I've felt like I could use a good knife on Bourbon Street a few times too...

Hey Jared, if Andy accidently sends that to my house you can just stop by and pick it up since we're so close... ;)

Lol, I appreciate that!

Rats.

Yet another Fiddleback design I really like. Of course, I'll have to mistreat the point and see what happens ...

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
Looks great Andy! I like how you left the handle pretty wide and thick too. Your designs are great! When is that Kephart coming out?????????:) Seriously, I recently did my first Kephart and I love the thing. Its ugly but feels so good. I bet you could put some curves in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Your blade style on this one, Andy, seems like a departure from your norm. I like it a lot and seeing you branch out and try different things is great. Good work!

TF

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Thank you, I am strapped now waiting on a Busse custom and the government to release the budget so I can get a commission check:). This is #1 on my list. To me the perfect handle and the perfect blade shape for my needs. Finally a 5" handle length.

Thanks a lot, and no problem! I'll make more! The handle is a big one, but the Woodsman also sports a full 5" handle if thats what gets to you.

Looks like a nasty fighter, how does it handle? Is it fast in hand?

Looks like another winner!

Yea, its quick. I'm going to do some of them with tapered tang too, so they'll really be quick!

Yea, I don't think you're alone. Ole Bourbon Street can be dicey sometimes.

Beautiful lines! A knife like this would augment my training regimen. Gonna start saving!

Cool deal! I'd like to see a video of it being used in training!

Looks like a bar fight waiting to happen! That is awesome!!

I like that line!

Looks great Andy! I like how you left the handle pretty wide and thick too. Your designs are great! When is that Kephart coming out?????????:) Seriously, I recently did my first Kephart and I love the thing. Its ugly but feels so good. I bet you could put some curves in there somewhere.

I've drawn a Kephart before, but I just can't get past the whitebread curves, or lack of them.

Your blade style on this one, Andy, seems like a departure from your norm. I like it a lot and seeing you branch out and try different things is great. Good work!

TF

Yea, I kinda felt like it was time to make something besides drop point for a minute. Or, in addition to the blessed drop point rather.

Dude, I need a few of these!!

No problem my friend. I'll get you some!

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC