1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

New Osprey 5.5" fixed blade + 4" hunter + fillet knife. Big saving for US customers!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by North Arm Knives, Aug 19, 2015.

1. North Arm Knives

North Arm Knives

Jan 9, 2014
    We've got some exciting new stuff!
    We're now offering scale kits to convert any of our existing knives to a different scale color or material. We've also added spare sheaths to our webstore so you can buy an extra or replacement. Finally, our updated osprey model is here and available on our site. It features a different grind geometry than the old version, that is the main difference. At the moment we're out of a couple of the knives (they are listed as "on backorder"), but a new batch with a little of everything is almost ready, blades will be ready to ship by early next week.

Below are our three outdoor models

We've got a lot of different scale and blade finish combinations so they aren't all listed here. See our website for more information, photos and our web store!

*A note to american customers: the Canadian dollar is currently a lot weaker than the USD, which means approximately a 30% savings for you!* prices are listed in both CAD and USD

New Osprey:

The osprey is the larger of our fixed blade outdoor knives, designed for heavier duty cutting tasks. This new version features a flat grind along most of the blade and a transition to convex at the tip to increase tip strength. A 5.5" blade and extremely grippy handle give this knife great balance and hand feel. Scales are available in 3 colors of G10: Olive-Drab green and Hunter orange and camo as well as Pacific Yew wood and spalted western maple. Comes with a left or right handed Kydex sheath with integrated belt loop. ** at the moment we have a second of this knife (a "blem" as some call it) it is on our website at a reduced price.**

[​IMG][​IMG]

Specs:

Blade steel: CPM S35VN
    Blade hardness: HRC 58-60
    Blade length (tip to handle): 5.5″ (14cm)
    Over all length:10" (25.4cm)
    Blade thickness at spine: 0.140″ (3.6mm)
    Cutting edge angle (inclusive): 30°

Weight:

G10
    knife: 5.4 oz. (155 grams)
    with sheath: 8.2 oz. (235 grams)
    wood
    knife: 4.6 oz. (130 grams)
    with sheath: 7.6 oz. (215 grams)

Made in BC, Canada

Price(Canadian $): $179-$189 depending on finish and scale type.

**approximate USD price** 137-145

Coho outdoor knife

The Coho is a light to medium duty outdoor knife. Popular among our customers for dressing and skinning game and general camping and outdoors tasks. The blade geometry is a nice balance between slicing ability and strength. Scales are available in two colors of G10: OD green and Hunter Orange as well as Pacific Yew wood and spalted western maple. Comes with a left or right handed Kydex sheath with integrated belt loop.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Specs:

Blade hardness: HRC 59.5-61
    Blade length: 4.25" (10.8cm)
    Over all length:8.5" (21.6 cm)
    Blade thickness at spine: 0.100″ (2.54mm)
    Cutting edge angle (inclusive): 24°
    Weight

G10
    knife only: 4.4 oz. (125 grams)
    with sheath: 6.8 oz. (190 grams)
    wood
    knife only : 3.4 oz. (95 grams)
    with sheath: 5.6 oz. (160 grams)

Made in BC, Canada

Price(Canadian $) 149.00-159.00 depending scale type.

**approximate USD price** 114-122

Kermode fillet knife

The Kermode is a fillet knife designed for the common game fish on BC’s west coast: salmon, halibut and ling cod among others. It will work well for any fish but the blade length is especially suited to large fish. It also performs well as a boning knife. The blade is designed to have enough stiffness to give good feedback while being flexible and thin enough to conform to the contour of the fish. Scales are available in 5 colors of G10: Hunter Orange, Neon Green, Black, dark red and Royal Blue as well as pacific yew wood and spalted western maple. Comes with a Kydex sheath; a belt loop (easily attachable with Chicago screws) is an optional extra.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Specs:

Blade hardness: HRC 59.5-61
    Blade length: 8.8"
    Over all length:14.3"
    Blade thickness at spine: 0.062″
    Cutting edge angle (inclusive): 20°
    Weight

G10
    knife only: 5.4 oz. (155 grams)
    with sheath: 8.0 oz. (225 grams)
    wood
    knife only: 3.7 oz.
    with sheath: 6.2 oz.

Made in BC, Canada

Price(Canadian $) 155-175 depending on finish and scale type.

**approximate USD price** 119-134

Scale kits (available in many other colors besides the ones shown)

Kit includes: new stainless hardware, 2 1/16" allen keys, scales of choice

price: $25-$35 CAD depending on scale material **approximate** USD price: 20-27

[​IMG]

Knife Sheaths

Sheaths for our three outdoor models

price: $10-$35 CAD depending on options **approximate** USD price: 8-27

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. CUTS LIKE A KRIS

CUTS LIKE A KRIS

Sep 28, 2005
    I have a fillet knife and a paring knife from these fine gentlemen, and both are great deals for what you are receiving in my opinion. Fast service, clean knives, great all around. Taught a young lady how to fillet pike with the fillet knife at the beginning of the month, and people couldn't tell which were her fillets or mine, I attribute a great knife for reducing her curve! And I used to work in an arctic fishery plant as primary fillet "artist".

3. North Arm Knives

North Arm Knives

Jan 9, 2014
    Glad to hear you're liking the knives! Thanks for telling us, we really appreciate the feedback :)

4. mrk103073

mrk103073

Oct 21, 2009
    What would total be for smooth finish blaze orange handle fillet and kydex sheath? Will ship to goddard ks 67052 Please email me at [email protected] thanks MK

5. mec003

mec003

Jan 1, 2015
    I'm really digging the coho outdoor knife. Looks great!

6. North Arm Knives

North Arm Knives

Jan 9, 2014
    sent you an email @mrk103073

thanks! @mec003

7. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Gold Member

Dec 6, 2009
    The Osprey with digital camo scales is just awesome. I'm really digging that knife.

8. North Arm Knives

North Arm Knives

Jan 9, 2014
    Thanks! @mossyhorn

9. Manwe33

Manwe33

Dec 14, 2014
    looking at one of your fillet knives. want to hit me up lets chat about getting one ordered.

10. North Arm Knives

North Arm Knives

Jan 9, 2014
    Hi, I've tried to contact you. If you're still interested send me an email. [email protected]