1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

New raindrop damascus

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by James Longstreet, Aug 19, 2017.

1. James Longstreet

James Longstreet Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2014
    Great! Hoping that my Thuya/Nichols Raindrop my dealer has backordered will arrive soon.

2. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    That 21 Raindrop looks great!

newdebate likes this.
  3. newdebate

newdebate

May 10, 2014
    Mine has a card dated October 30, 2017. Might want to have your dealer check the edge grind toward the tip...

4. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Bob Kramer's damascus patterns.Would look nice on CRK.Especially on Insingo ;). fullsizeoutput_e86.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 12:10 PM
    marcus52AR likes this.
  5. James Longstreet

May 1, 2014
    These are quick pics my dealer took. It has arrived there today and is already on its way to my address.
    Could you be more concrete? What's wrong with the grind on your Sebenza? Do you have pics?

Thuya, 1.jpg Thuya, 2.jpg Thuya, 3.jpg Thuya, 4.jpg

A.S., RyanRaben, newdebate and 2 others like this.
  6. newdebate

newdebate

May 10, 2014
    Really good look to those inlays and damascus. On mine the final edge hooks to the lockside over the last 3/8"; should be able to center the edge during normal sharpening. Just have the linked sales pics, but I'll try and get a Rc measure on the tang at work. Thanks for starting this thread.

7. James Longstreet

May 1, 2014
    Just received mine. Its awesome. That Thuya is beautiful and the Chad Nichols raindrop is awesome. The grind on mine looks good.

8. Thin-Slice

Thin-Slice Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2016
    EDIT: never mind didnt realize you already posted the pic. TY

9. James Longstreet

May 1, 2014
    :) I need to take "my" pics anyway.

10. SomeGuyInTaipei

SomeGuyInTaipei

Sep 22, 2017
  11. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I second that motion..

All I own is an insingo, and that blade shape is just so nice on the eye. Great combo with the inlays and Damascus.:thumbsup: