New Ratweiler question...

Close ! I was hoping for .25, like the original. That would be perfect for me !! ;)

Just to be different ;) I'll say that I am hoping for 3/16". Still plenty tough in a lighter package. :thumbup:

I don't believe it will be, sorry. I don't believe they'll be doing much more of that process anymore.

What makes you say this?

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer if the new ratweilers were through-hardened, but this is the first I've read that the swamp is actually moving away from the differential heat treat. I realize that the black and tan battle rats were a bit of a test run for through-hardening the big rats, but they went right back to their old ways afterward, so figured that idea had died.

I believe they have said that the differential heat treat adds too much to the cost of production and they've really not seen much of a difference in real world performace to justify the increase in cost to the consumer. Not saying they won't ever do it again, but it's unlikely at this point.

What makes you say this?

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer if the new ratweilers were through-hardened, but this is the first I've read that the swamp is actually moving away from the differential heat treat. I realize that the black and tan battle rats were a bit of a test run for through-hardening the big rats, but they went right back to their old ways afterward, so figured that idea had died.

Josh has said on the Swamp forum more than once that they are no longer doing DHT because the cost difference was to much and they saw no improvement of DHT above through-hardening. That being said stripped DHT look so cool.

Maybe it's just me...but I would pay the extra coin to have my Rats differentially heat treated :foot:

Back