New Release: 1292 D2 Extreme Straight Edge and 1493 TDI Investigator

Are they open and shipping???
I don't know. I placed an order with a KA-BAR dealer for a Folding Hunter, a fixed blade, and 2 sheaths on 3/26. The dealer keeps pushing the ship date back for some reason. It's now scheduled to ship 5/18. I'm not in a hurry and the price was right so I'm going to wait.
now 5/22
now 5/24

Last edited:
I don't know. I placed an order with a KA-BAR dealer for a Folding Hunter, a fixed blade, and 2 sheaths on 3/26. The dealer keeps pushing the ship date back for some reason. It's now scheduled to ship 5/18. I'm not in a hurry and the price was right so I'm going to wait.
now 5/22
now 5/24
now 5/27 The retailer is Optics Planet, through their discount site. Makes me think there is something up.

They are a dealer of ours. I have actually made some purchases from them over the last few weeks and the shipping time has been longer than normal. My guess would be they are getting hit hard with orders right now and doing the best they can to get everything shipped. Almost everyone I have talked to that sells anything firearms, knives, weapon, or outdoor related has been flooded with orders and are doing the best they can to keep up. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw your order sooner and if this is more of a "worst case scenario" estimate.

They are a dealer of ours. I have actually made some purchases from them over the last few weeks and the shipping time has been longer than normal. My guess would be they are getting hit hard with orders right now and doing the best they can to get everything shipped. Almost everyone I have talked to that sells anything firearms, knives, weapon, or outdoor related has been flooded with orders and are doing the best they can to keep up. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw your order sooner and if this is more of a "worst case scenario" estimate.

I've done business with them in the past and always been pleased. I'm sure it will be fine this time also. The new normal has changed work for most of us and I'm patient.

I've wanted a D2 Extreme with a straight edge for a long time. This is great news. Thank you, KA-BAR!!

I ordered from optics planet originally, but they took way to long so I asked for a refund

I purchased two investigators from knivesplus.com and recieved them crazy fast

Thanks for listening!!

I have the D2 Extreme. Beautiful knife.

And since you're listening:cool:
How 'bout a Full Sized KA-BAR with a 5-5.5 inch blade.

D2 would be fine. Standard steel ok too.
Just a regular KA-BAR only with a shorter blade.

You could call it the Dog Pup.

Put me down for three!
LV,

Thanks for listening!!

I have the D2 Extreme. Beautiful knife.

And since you're listening:cool:
How 'bout a Full Sized KA-BAR with a 5-5.5 inch blade.

D2 would be fine. Standard steel ok too.
Just a regular KA-BAR only with a shorter blade.

You could call it the Dog Pup.

Put me down for three!
LV,
I have seriously considered cutting down my dog's head knife to 5.5" and straight clipping it like a Mk1

Back