New rifle suggestions

4213313D-1E0E-4BC3-85EF-F55AB341433C.jpeg
Here is a old pic(probably 4 phones ago) of my Brownings at the time.
A5 12
A5 16
BAR .30-06
BLR .308
B92 .44 mag.

Unfortunately my dumbass sold the .44 mag but I did buy an A5 in 20 gauge. Man I want to add a Superposed one day.
Perhaps a couple of B92s in .357 and .44, who knows, maybe I’ll get burnt out on knives and go back to buying more guns.

So I have wanted a lever action rifle/carbine for some time, and have been on the verge of pulling the trigger. However, now with this 1000% tax bill being entered into congress on AR-15's, I'm wondering if I should buy an AR instead. I had considered an AK, but after handling several yesterday at the range, it just isn't for me. They have a Winchester 1892 in .44mag that was of much interest to me. I don't know, I know they are two totally different creatures. Comparing apples to orangutans, but still. I already have a fancy whizbang .556 IWI Tavor, and don't really need another "tactical" type rifle, I have my 1944 Underwood M1 carbine as backup. Oh and I blasphemed and put a rail with red dot on my M1 so technically I have two tactical rifles.

Opinions? Yes my want for a lever action was rekindled by watching the first season of the rifleman recently.
Sako rifle. 6.5 mm Creedmoor cartridge.

I've been known to tote a Winchester 94. I really like them.

Still have one in 30-30, wish I'd have kept the one in 32 Special.

Was always going to get their "Big Bore 94" in .375 Winchester, but never did. Wish I would have back then because now their priced off my list.

Really shocking what they go for nowadays new. If you buy one, get an older one that was built before that stupid crossbolt safety they added... like pre-1992 or such.

They handle fast, are easy to shoot, are accurate enough and just have that Lucas McCain cool factor.

I'd like a .357 caliber rifle.

there are a bunch of people who reload it.
IF you can find one I recommend a Marlin 1894in 357Mag or if you prefer 44Mag, over anything else.

I've always wanted an AR10 rather than an AR15, and I'd prefer that AR10 in 358 Win or 338 Federal, though I could also go for a Browning BLR in 338WinMag

With so many branded rifles, it's time you had a bespoke longarm in your rack. A fine side-by-side double rifle with engraving on steel and checkered walnut will be good. Your pick of new world ammo, depending on your hunting needs: 30-30, 45-70, .458 win mag.

Thanks everyone. I've decided, for now, to get the AR. Now which one... I'm looking to spend between $750-$1000. Going to the range today with my Tavor SAR, Canik TP9 SFX Whiteout, and of course Sigmund, my modded P365 SAS XL. They have a large selection of AR's, hopefully they will have one with ambidextrous contols. Then, maybe down the road, a lever action.

I don't hunt, so that really doesn't matter to me. And with ammo prices, I'd like to have a gun in a caliber I have a decent supply of.

Last edited:
So many ARs out there but what’s really gonna set it apart from your Tavor? What roll do you see it fulfilling?

You can get into an AeroPrecision M5 .308 for just over a grand, if you have a supply of .308.

So many ARs out there but what’s really gonna set it apart from your Tavor? What roll do you see it fulfilling?

You can get into an AeroPrecision M5 .308 for just over a grand, if you have a supply of .308.
To be honest, its not just for me. I want something that is more friendly to a righty, like my mother, brother-in-law, sister, etc. Its also something for me to tinker with, as the Tavor is pretty well kitted out. Geissele super sabra trigger, Sig Romeo 5 XDR predator green dot, Sig Juliet 4 magnifier, Manticore curved butt pad, ambi safety, left handed conversion...

I don't have any .308. I have one rifle chambered in it, my grandfather's 1959 Remington 760 gamemaster, which I absolutely hate shooting.

Most of my current supply consists of 9mm, 5.56, .30 carbine, .40, and 12 gauge, and .22. I have a little bit of .38.

I chose AR because I worry the People's Republic of Illinois may restrict the sale of them soon...

Last edited:
Good choice! Love all the actions, but everyone should own at least one AR! And if you're gonna get one, the sooner the better!

Don't overthink it. A Colt 6920 will be as good an AR as you need it to be. There are other offerings that are "better", but the improvements are incremental and not likely to be noticed by someone unfamiliar with the design.

Last edited:
I bought a Sig M400 Tread Snakebite last night. I had originally decided on the standard Tread because if it comes with ambi controls standard, which would save me time and money over buying something cheaper and then making it ambi.

However, I read that the handguard on the standard Tread is not ventilated enough and gets very hot very quickly, and for the same cost as the upgraded guard, I could get the Snakebite which also has a stainless barrel. Got it for a decent price too.

I also bought the little front sight rail and will put backup sights on it. I'm transferring the red dot on my M1 carbine to it. That red dot is too big for the m1.

In the future I'm going to get a smaller red dot for the m1, lower profile that isn't designed to cowitness on an AR.

Back