New software image resource thread

RayseM

Platinum Member
This is my go to image size for nearly everything I post.

Photo-size.jpg

Never get bigger - often go smaller - to as small as 640x430 using a 110 resolution.

AS IN THE IMAGE ABOVE.

Here below is the 880 x 660

Puukko-at-pond.jpg

And here is the same in a 640 x 430 size ~

Puukko-at-pond---small-version.jpg

Retired UPS Driver

Platinum Member
This is my go to image size for nearly everything I post.

View attachment 1572918

Never get bigger - often go smaller - to as small as 640x430 using a 110 resolution.

AS IN THE IMAGE ABOVE.

Here below is the 880 x 660

View attachment 1572919

And here is the same in a 640 x 430 size ~

View attachment 1572920

That information is very helpful, thank you RayseM RayseM .

What I see when I post, to me, both of my pictures show up to me as the exact same viewable size (I’m using an IPad). So I really have no reference to judge by. I agree, too big is not necessary and more often than not makes viewing it a scrolling project.

Your attachment of your size/pixel/dimension, together with both photos is exactly the information I was trying to ascertain on my own.

Once again, thank you for the information and for your time.
Wishing you a great weekend my friend.

RayseM

Platinum Member
Easy enough. Glad to help! Both your photos appear as the same size to my MacBook screen too and I can't discern any quality /resolution improvement between the two.

The height X width dimensions I use, as I indicate, is never greater than 8", for the bigger dimension. The smaller dimension is determined as a factor of the correct ratio. (I use Photoshop Elements). I typically ONLY use the 8" dimension when trying to show a knife for sale and all its details and/or objects like birds or flowers that just look better bigger.

I find that the smaller 6" x size is ideal for pretty much everything else, when I just want an image but the fine details are not needed. The 110 resolution is my default (but Elements wants to default to 72). I just give that a small bump.

Last edited:
127721-E5-1-C83-493-E-9540-535-A6-B0-BA262.jpg

Edit...Apparently not :rolleyes: . Is there a good instruction here somewhere on how to post a page-through album in a thread from Imgur? I see it done on the Exchange all of the time.

Trying to see if I've figured out how to post an album:

QLskTLX.jpg

jwDKhzv.jpg

MvP2Q1i.jpg

yj0RtBz.jpg

a5v5p7f.jpg