New Stuff From Ka-Bar

Its official those knives have me drooling. Ontario makes one like it but its stainless and I hate stainless. The leather handled one is on the buy list.

Blue Ridge is a distributor, dealers that buy from them, will be able to get the stacked leather, me thinks.

Moose

Good thing I have friends with Blue Ridge memberships, that's the one I fell in love with...leather stacked handle just flip some kind of switch in me :eek:

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/moosez45/MKII/BKT-140.jpg[/IMG]
BKT-125.jpg

Moose

In all the photos Ethan is using the black one. I wonder if he felt a preference for it or if it was just a random choice.

Something I know for sure is that the current short Kabar sheaths are not as good quality as they used to be. I recently ordered a new short black sheath and the leather is thinner than in years past. Maybe I got a thinner than normal but I wasn't satisfied. The plastic cases are pretty good quality and that is what comes with the black one. That's the biggest reason I pre-ordered a black one, because of the better sheath.

......As it has a stick tang I suggest only light batonning.....Tou really can not ask for a nicer little blade....

how about some x-ray of naked-tang pics!?! next to a 'normal' kabar would be sweet.....Soooo we all know wazzup with the construction.

looks as a awesome sweet blade. love the specs and looks. My next knife/knives will be a USMC and, when i had one in my hands, this 2221 puppy in leather.

cant seem to find a stacked leather one for love nor money - anyone have any idea what code ti'll have will help my dealer track one down

Blue Ridge Knives is the only place that has the stacked leather. So, a dealer accoun with them, or a dealer on their list, is the only way to get one. Might want to call them, and ask. Just a suggestion.

Moose

Blue Ridge Knives is the only place that has the stacked leather. So, a dealer accoun with them, or a dealer on their list, is the only way to get one. Might want to call them, and ask. Just a suggestion.

Moose

Thanks mate not sure if they have an offical retailer in the UK? Catnseem to find a list on the site - soon as I get a code i'll get my people onto it :D

Google "kabar mk-1 2225" and you'll find a few dealers that list them. Not all show them in stock however. I emailed Blue Ridge for a list of dealers, we'll see if they respond.

I feel that stacked leather handles have such a venerable look about them, reminiscent of simpler times.

indeed dont suppose theres any info re what the sheath on the leather one looks like?

Is it leather or the same as the black one?

I like the synthetic all black model. I'd like to try in hand at a shop before purchasing. There are none in my area.

I know this is an old bump but will a kabar usmc short leather sheath fit the mk1?

Back