New Subaru guy introduction

Hey guys, I recently joined this site and look forward to being a regular member. I'm a very active member of the Subaru community (Nasioc - same username) with over 17,000 posts.

And of course, I have to post a few pics of my Subaru. lol

wrx20.jpg

wrx11.jpg

wrx26.jpg

wrx27.jpg

wrx23.jpg

wrx15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to BF! I'm a Subbie owner too. Mine isn't fast but it kicks butt in the snow!

12ae65ab.jpg

How funny...my wife got rid of her Outback about 4 years ago for a Nissan Pathfinder. She like the Pathfinder but really missed her Outback. She much prefers the older style (2009 was the last year of the old style) and it just so happened and almost brand-new 2009 Outback with less than 28,000 miles and pristine condition was for sale at the dealership. Well, after 3 hours of dealing, she's now a happy camper again;) Subaru makes some great vehicles...

ROCK6

And what are you trying to achieve here?

That post was taken out of context from another post of mine. I posted those pics in a different thread and a mod moved them here. Basically I'm just introducing myself to the BF community since I plan to stick around for some time. I mentioned that I'm an active member of the Subaru forums with over 17,000 posts (hence why I posted the pics) so rest assured that I'm no scammer/flake. :D

Not low enough. If you're not rubbing, you're doing it wrong.:jerk it:

Not low enough. If you're not rubbing, you're doing it wrong.:jerk it:

Haha Some pics I'm on coilovers (summer mode), others I'm on springs (winter mode). My lazy ass didn't feel like taking the Chargespeed kit off this winter so it stayed on.

I'm getting tired of daily driving a modified car. :grumpy:

Great looking car bro. I especially like what you did to the front grill. PS - I posted in your other thread, glad to have you aboard :)

Hey Donzo, welcome. I'm an ex-STI owner myself, used to drive '06 with Cobb stage2 with protune and lower springs, that registered 320 awhp on the dyno with '98 octane, very capable car especially on twisty roads.

Nice car Donzo and welcome to another addicting hobby. I've got an ej257'd forester myself. You should add a mod list to your pictures.

I'm not as sporty as some of you. My '02 Legacy GT with Blizzaks has made this winter a hoot. We've had a pretty good amount of snow, like most of the upper midwest and eastern US, but it hasn't stopped me from making it to work on time yet. ;)

Legacy2.jpg

It isn't fast and it sure isn't pretty but it's as dependable as a hammer and gets 30+ MPG.

I don't think I can go back to a non-AWD vehicle. Being more of an outdoorsy, canoe on the roof, dogs in the back family, we're looking at a used Forester when my daughter takes this one from me.

He he he! Welcome!

Like you, I'm a member of NASIOC (same username) and had a 2006 STI. (500whp, 10.85 et, as a daily driver! :eek: ) We just converted it back to stock and sold it.

That said we are now driving a 2002 WRX hatchback. My wife won't let me have it, though. SHE makes me drive the '07 T&C minivan. :(

That is, when I'm not in my Twin-turbo Infinit G37s. :D

We have a lot in common. Welcome. :)

Coop

Steven, I LOVE that car. No US version.

Donzo, that's SWEET.

When I hear the sound of a Suby my ears perk right up. :)

Coop

Test drove a Legacy(I think that's what it was) in '93---brand new one on the lot---what a rough running POS--barely even stayed running.

Never have looked at em again. Never will.

Love Subbies. Bought my Mom two and my Son one. They have been pretty high maintenance unfortunately, but they love them. We took my Son's 1998 Legacy Outback to Burlington in a blizzard Friday night with nary a slip. Until the snow gets high, it handles better on bad roads than my Ranger FX4.

None of the ones I've driven have been remotely fast, but they all handle pretty well. I don't know if its the AWD that causes the "on rails" feel in turning. I'm thinking about the WRX (not STI) for a daily driver after my Son gets out of college, but it might just be too small.

Back