New To BladesForum

Hi Folks: thanks for the opportunity to join BladesForum. In addition to many years of searching out and fixing any old or broken machines I could find, I have been interested in knives since I was about 10 YO when I got a Barlow two blade (drop point and pen) and a plastic rough handle. I am not a collector of knives per se but seem to accumulate them and use them mostly as a daily tool with all my other tinkering. I generally carry a Krein Regrind of a SpyderCo WG-10 but also love this knife that I keep on my work bench - I also carry a Leatherman Wingman for the multi purpose uses. The SpyderCo Krein regrinds were gifts from my son in law and introduced me to several years ago to these fine knives. I have a box full of knives that were manufactured between 30 and 60 years old that are in good shape to rough shape. I take one at a time and make as good as possible and generally give them away, sometimes sell them. I am interested late in the game here to making a knife and I would like to repurpose some existing materials to do this so as I go thorough process I will look to you all for help and as a sounding board for ideas.

Thanks again for the opportunity

Mike Love
Central Maryland, USA

Hi Mike, the very fact that you bothered to come here and register means your leveling up your knife interest!

Thats very cool that you have a lot of knives just laying around, hopefully we get to see some of them.

Hi Mike, the very fact that you bothered to come here and register means your leveling up your knife interest!

Thats very cool that you have a lot of knives just laying around, hopefully we get to see some of them.

Thanks slyraven - Photos are no problem but it seems I need to use a photo sharing service since it asks for a URL to insert a photo in a post. Maybe you can advise.

Mike Love

Hi Folks: thanks for the opportunity to join BladesForum. In addition to many years of searching out and fixing any old or broken machines I could find, I have been interested in knives since I was about 10 YO when I got a Barlow two blade (drop point and pen) and a plastic rough handle. I am not a collector of knives per se but seem to accumulate them and use them mostly as a daily tool with all my other tinkering. I generally carry a Krein Regrind of a SpyderCo WG-10 but also love this knife that I keep on my work bench - I also carry a Leatherman Wingman for the multi purpose uses. The SpyderCo Krein regrinds were gifts from my son in law and introduced me to several years ago to these fine knives. I have a box full of knives that were manufactured between 30 and 60 years old that are in good shape to rough shape. I take one at a time and make as good as possible and generally give them away, sometimes sell them. I am interested late in the game here to making a knife and I would like to repurpose some existing materials to do this so as I go thorough process I will look to you all for help and as a sounding board for ideas.

Thanks again for the opportunity

Mike Love
Central Maryland, USA

Welcome aboard Mike. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here that will be thrilled to share their ideas and experiences.

Welcome mike. Instead of one big group. I recommend grouping by brand then you can post the pics in the specific forum for each brand. Lots of great people here with lots of knowledge.

Hi Mike !!! Welcome to the BF :)

Welcome to the forum, Mike.

I like that you want to re-purpose that old "bag o' knives" to make something beautiful.

I look forward to your posting pictures of your creations.

best

mqqn

Welcome aboard Mike ... lots of good folks on here ... and lots of knowledge to be shared ... glad to have ya.

Sounds like you'll fit right in ... the simplest way to fix the posting picture issue ... is if you join as a paying membership ... if you are a Gold or above you can post directly to your threads ... it gives you a few other extra benefits too ...

here is a link to the memberships and what you get ... if you are interested in it ...

https://www.bladeforums.com/pember/membership-new

Welcome mike. Instead of one big group. I recommend grouping by brand then you can post the pics in the specific forum for each brand. Lots of great people here with lots of knowledge.

Okay, yes that makes sense eveled, I'll approach it that way.

Mike Love

Hello and welcome. How far away from Frederick are you? There is a killer knife shop there. Maybe that was more of a warning,it can get real expensive real quick in there

Back