New to Fiddleback - 1st post

Hey all,

First post over here, I caught wind of the knives Andy was making over on the KF where I hang out on the Bark River forum. Since hearing about the project with Derrick at KSF, I did a little searching and found Andy's website and then on to this forum.

I sent an initial email to Andy asking about the neckers, specifially the Karda and the Runt. I was looking for a sweet little necker to take fishing with me. Andy has recommended the Karda so...who's got one of these little guys? Any pictures you can share?

Looking forward to hanging around, always interested in learning something new. :D

Thanks,
Westy

Although I do not have a karda or a runt I have owned 2 of andy's knives
an EDC and most recently a bushboot and I can honestly say after collecting for 20+ years and owning hundreds of custom knives over the years
Andy's are some of the finest. Highly recommended!!!!!!

I am pretty sure I saw a Karda on my last invoice....

should have pics and knives up on my website sometime next week.

Soon as I get home I'll take a pic of my wife's three-finger Karda - it's sweet! Perfect size for just about anything, and small enough to always have with you.

chainring - thanks looking forward to seeing it!

Derrick thanks for the heads up!

Here are some pics of my two finger Karda.

3826988405_03a3dbc5a3_b.jpg

3827781406_fb7344bbc4_b.jpg

Westy I'm headed home today. I'll post pics in this thread tonite.

Ok, here's a few pics of mine...er..my wife's three-finger Karda. Pretty much the perfect EDC size, if you axe me!

DSC05755.jpg

DSC05756.jpg

DSC05757.jpg

This is a pic of a 2 finger Karda and a 3 finger blank.

nkard102_1468-vi.jpg

Here is the 3 finger with a 2 finger blank.

ej102_1531-vi.jpg

bcusa100_1887-vi.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pictures Andy. In the email you sent me a few days ago you mentioned a micarta scaled version that was just about ready to go. Is it a 2 finger or 3 finger version? Any pictures of it yet?

I've got two convexed 3 finger ones ready. One with burlap micarta which is a bit extra, and one with nat can micarta, which is the normal $95. The can one has a specially made kydex sheath, and that will add $20, the black paper two finger has kydex also. That option is avail for the burlap one also. Pics.

kphheaven103_1917-vi.jpg

kphheaven103_1916-vi.jpg

kphheaven103_1914-vi.jpg

Andy, I just sent you an email on the 3 finger natural canvas karda - I'll take it...

...BUT, I will defer to Westy - he expressed interest first and needs his first Fiddleback knife. :D

I've got two convexed 3 finger ones ready. One with burlap micarta which is a bit extra, and one with nat can micarta, which is the normal $95. The can one has a specially made kydex sheath, and that will add $20, the black paper two finger has kydex also. That option is avail for the burlap one also. Pics.

kphheaven103_1917-vi.jpg

DIBS!!:D

Just to make it fair. . . I hate it when you say no fair

:)

Westy and I have been e-mailing. I've got to give him dibs on whichever he pics. I'll let y'all know.

Wow thanks for the DIBS guys! That burlap rocks, I had a Bark River Micro TUSK with that material.

Andy - does the black paper 2 finger have a convex edge as well? I'm torn between the 2 finger model and the 3 finger with natty canvas.

Would anyone have an in hand picture of the 2 finger model?

Dude, if you miss your grap on that Burlap three-finger you will be sorry! :) That extra finger just works great! Although I've never had a two-finger... Still, that burlap sucker is so nice! You won't like it...maybe FOD will back out and I can buy it! :)

Wow thanks for the DIBS guys! That burlap rocks, I had a Bark River Micro TUSK with that material.

Thanks!

FYI: I use a linen like burlap for Andy's stuff, for BRK I use regular burlap, so this is a less "rustic" laminate than is used on the Barkies.

Back