Newb here, and first post!

U Uncle Lem - sometimes things are better with change. I actually liked the stock FRN color on the k390; but I wanted wood to go with something else. Unfortunately, I think they went with something they considered close enough. It looks great...it just doesn't look right.
I had the Mantra 2 Cerakoted and the blade etched.
I’ve been looking at Spyderco’s different models, I definitely want to get one.

I think the No8 is a great choice.
1N6jBvQ.jpeg

The one pictured is black palm - I reshaped the handle and was thrilled with the outcome. (I ended up giving that one away. I replaced it; but have not yet done the handle on the new one - yet another project that got set aside and forgotten. Now that I've remembered, I'll have to follow through in the near future...assuming I can find it before I forget, lol)

*Edited to add
U Uncle Lem this is the 3318 I mentioned a couple days ago. I put it in my pocket the next day.
I24ASjX.jpeg

Case makes another 3 blade Stockman - similar in size, but with squared bolsters. Model 63032
SKHHg6S.jpg

**Edited again, to add
I still think you want a Spider Monkey 😁
If you aren't into the carbon fiber, they've done it with copper scales (heavier) as well as G10. I bought the copper first, and liked it so much I bought the CF to carry at work. IF it appeals to you, watch the Exchange - they POP up periodically, usually for reasonable prices.
hhmoore,
Do you know if Case offers two different colors of yellow in the 3318? When I looked at their website, the color appears a lighter shade of yellow. I want to get one like yours in the above picture! Thanks!

U Uncle Lem I don't know - there may be some color variance...that's a good question for the Traditional forum.
If color is a concern, it might be worth trying to find a place to buy in person so you know what you're getting.
*Mine is 30 years old; but it's only been a "pocket"knife for a few years

U Uncle Lem I don't know - there may be some color variance...that's a good question for the Traditional forum.
If color is a concern, it might be worth trying to find a place to buy in person so you know what you're getting.
*Mine is 30 years old; but it's only been a "pocket"knife for a few years
Thanks! I’ve got a few places locally I can check to see if they have it in stock.

U Uncle Lem , I think it will be helpful to share how will you keep your knives sharp? Do you like to sharpen your knives, or it is just a boring task that needs to be done? You already had many knives in the past - what is your experience?

U Uncle Lem , I think it will be helpful to share how will you keep your knives sharp? Do you like to sharpen your knives, or it is just a boring task that needs to be done? You already had many knives in the past - what is your experience?
Vinprom,
Sorry to say I’ve had very little experience sharpening knives, although I hope to get some pointers here on the forum. My Grandpa made Knives, mostly the kitchen variety and was an expert at sharpening. At one time here in my town him and my uncle had a Sharpening center & would sharpen anything that was made to cut.

Do you know if Case offers two different colors of yellow in the 3318? When I looked at their website, the color appears a lighter shade of yellow. I want to get one like yours in the above picture! Thanks!
The lighting can make that Case yellow brighter or darker in photographs. To my eyes, in real life, Case yellow is very pale.

Of course, while it's in your pocket it will be a nice dark shade of yellow! ;)

hhmoore,
Case released a Sunflower Synthetic yellow with a bomb shield recently. But the classic yellow that Case has made for years should just be called Yellow Synthetic with an oval shield, in my opinion this is the classier choice.

The lighting can make that Case yellow brighter or darker in photographs. To my eyes, in real life, Case yellow is very pale.

Of course, while it's in your pocket it will be a nice dark shade of yellow! ;)
SharpBits SharpBits , I wondered if it was the lighting or if my eyes were playing tricks on me in my old age. 😊😉

Case released a Sunflower Synthetic yellow with a bomb shield recently. But the classic yellow that Case has made for years should just be called Yellow Synthetic with an oval shield, in my opinion this is the classier choice.
pat9198 pat9198 , The Classic yellow is definitely the one I want, just wasn’t sure if another shade of yellow was an option, as SharpBits SharpBits pointed out, it may just be the lighting of the photo.

Back