Newbee on the Forum.

Hey Trace, if Paul doesn't hop on this, why don't you design what you like, get Paul's approval, and have Marking Methods make it so we can all buy it from them. I'll chip in for the design if you want.

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com
The Tom & Jerry Show

Originally posted by Paul Bos:
paulbos@buckknives.com...Thank you Paul.

DAMN! You work for Buck?! No WONDER they cut so dang WELL!!!
eek.gif

Yeah, I'm a little late arriving. OBTW, welcome. As a recipient of a recent knife that was treated by you, I must say that I can truly appreciate your talent now.

------------------
iktomi

Oh yeah... I just finished reading this thread (yeah, I posted prematurely), and although I'm just a lowly user, I really like that idea of a Paul Bos stencil. Hey, Trace, I don't suppose I could return my Proto to have it put on? Actually, I'm half kidding there. I would love to have it on the blade, but I hate to part with the knife even for that.Hooo man, I love that knife more and more every day. Admittedly I don't have many customs (yet), but that Proto takes the cake! But, I digress... sorry.

------------------
iktomi

TO all: Paul does NOT work for Buck Knives. He is a close friend of the family and rents space from them. He has his OWN business heat treating custom knives...and from what I understand does some tool and die stuff for BUCK...he also shares their computer system.....Sincerely....tom mayo

DOH! Don't I feel stupid. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up, Tom. I thought I had finally found the "secret".
redface.gif

I still like Buck knives, though.
wink.gif

------------------
iktomi

Tom, A few years ago Buck asked me to work part time for them, In there Engineering Dept. , To help with there selection, and heat treat procedures for new materials, such as the ATS\34 and BG\42.I also look over there Heat Treating Dept., Do all of there Tooling heat treating, And special projects Etc. Im sorry I thought yoy new. Jerry , Trace, That would be great if you guys want to put my name on your blades , I would be honored. I will talk to Buck about using the one they put on the Strider, Ill get back with you on that. Paul.

Hey Paul the honor will be ours... Your name has been synonomous with QUALITY for a LONG time. I will be MORE than proud to mark my knives with your logo...
Jerry, Paul and I talked today, and as soon as I get the artwork and final OK I will get the stenciles made up.. They will be available for anyone that USES Paul's HT service. I think this will be way cool...

Take Care
Trace Rinaldi http://www.pe.net/~thrblades/

When would that be available? I am working on 2 blades to get heat treated and I am thinking of sending them to Paul Bos and would love to get his name stenciled on them. Would it cost more? Also, Paul, I will be sending 2 blades out to you probably next week sometime. I'll email you later about them because I have a few questions for you.

Back