1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 50 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Newbie but father is a knife maker

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by David Kramp, Nov 8, 2019.

1. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    I’d love to post more from my personal collection. I’ll check in with him and advise him to get a Knifemaker membership.

2. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Beautiful looking knife!! Welcome and look forward to seeing more of your work

David Kramp likes this.
  3. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Nice looking stuff!

4. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    Sowbelly Stockman. File work, tornado shield, hand jigged green bone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Wow! Beautiful file work on the green Stockman sir. Looking forward to seeing some more of his fine work.

6. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    WOW! I see all kinds of stuff I like about that knife!

7. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    Here is my daily carry knife. It'a a liner-lock barlow with stag. Stainless steel liners and bolsters. Heat treated liner-lock spring. The blade is an unusual take on a sheepsfoot vs warncliff blade. I call it a RazorBeak because it's profile reminds me of a bird of prey's beak and a utility knife razor blade. It is wicked sharp and I use it for all kinds of things.

Barlow liner-lock with RazorBeak
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2-bladed version non liner-lock

[​IMG]

Folding Hunter in the background

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hunter with 3-piece scales

This one I just got in the mail today. It's a gift for my Brother-in-law. Huge Oregon Ducks fan.

[​IMG]

Mother of Pearl trapper with clip blade and razorbeak. Company logo of one of my good friends chemical etched into blade.

[​IMG]

Giraffe bone toothpicks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are a few more in my collection. I may post them later.
    -enjoy

8. aztaco

aztaco

Jun 13, 2011
    Beautiful knives ! Your father is an artist.

Chief and David Kramp like this.
  9. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    @David Kramp WOW! I can't believe it … after so many years wanting my slipjoint returned there is hope! Yes, I still own that MOP sowbelly stockman knife and a stag jack your dad made for me, one of my favorites. Please put me in touch with him. You can email me through a link by clinking on my name. Thanks a million, I carried that slipjoint for many years and have an attachment to it.

10. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    he said he repaired the knife already. I will see if I can pm you. I don’t have a paid membership but I’ll try.

Chief likes this.
  11. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    That looks great. I would like contact info for your dad also.[/QUOTE]

12. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    [/QUOTE]

Will do @LastRodeo He needs to be setup as a knifemaker on the forum. It should serve him well. Look for @EdKramp in the coming days.

13. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Nice. I bet Santa has brought you some nice pocket jewelry over the years.

David Kramp likes this.
  14. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    @David Kramp got your email, thanks! Here is the MOP sowbelly you asked about displaying your dad's old mark. Knife has been carried and used. D2, made in 01.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this blade.

[​IMG]

No washers, dovetailed bolsters, exquisite filework.

[​IMG]

Your dad made this knife for me using stag he had been saving, emulates Winterbottom bone. Another from 2001, you can partially see the OKC stamp. It's so fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magizm7, Cutfinger, Don W and 13 others like this.
  15. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    Thanks @Chief. As beautiful as I remember them. He dovetails the bolsters and scales now instead of butt-joints. It’s a detail I really like. And he does half-stops. Thanks for showing them. He’ll be happy to get your knife back to you.

Chief likes this.
  16. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Those are really nice knives.... I especially like the sowbelly stockman. As others have said, your dad is an artist in knives. I imagine they are well out of my price range, but they look to be wonderfully made.

David Kramp likes this.
  17. Cooter Brown

Cooter Brown

May 22, 2011
    Gorgeous, well executed knives!

David Kramp likes this.
  18. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    - wow, fella........you should be chuffed t’ bits with your Pa’s work, and rightly so......ain’t nothing Kramped his style other than by name ;)

Crackin’ knives.......more please :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cutfinger, Wurrwulf and David Kramp like this.
  19. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    More pocket candy. One of my heirloom pieces. Has my initials in the shield. Believe this is honey-bone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

glennbad, Chief, Wurrwulf and 2 others like this.
  20. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    My kid’s knives. Kirinite handles for durability :) They are a little young for them yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

glennbad, Chief, Wurrwulf and 3 others like this.