Newbie but father is a knife maker

Your father may have been a hell of an airman but I think he missed his calling.
That sowbelly stockman is a piece of art. --KV

Love the pieces. Im in OKC too! But unfortunately your fathers designs are clearly well out of my reach. Maybe someday I can be a patron of his work.

He might have retired from USAF, but I guess he is going to be very, very busy. Any three blade whittler to show?
To be honest with you I don't think he's ever made a 3-bladed whittler. If he did make one I believe it would come without the traditional pen blade. If I were betting, it would have a clip blade, wharncliffe/sheepsfoot and a coping style blade (his razorbeak). This is just a guess and I'm sure he could make whatever a person wanted. He's fairly particular about the utility and intended purpose of the knife. In speaking to him about knives in the past, the pen blade and spear point type blades are kind useless. Of course he'd have to verify if this is his actual opinion. I could see where they might be useful in certain woodworking applications. To each their own I guess.

So my father officially has a knifemaker's membership. He can be contacted @Ed Kramp. Please be patient as he is still learning to navigate the forum. We are currently working on building his website. Many of the images I've posted will be added to the website. He will have 6 regular patterns available for custom order. These would include small trapper, large trapper, barlow, sowbelly, toothpick and folding hunter. Handle materials, blades, embellishments (like etching, jigging and filework), custom dye, liner-locks, and presentation boxes with pyroferric arts can be discussed with him upon order. He is also available to collaborate on a fully custom design as well. Completed knives may also be listed in for sale section as well.In my opinion these are collector grade knives that also have a penchant for everyday use. Please feel free to contact him with any questions or comments. Be on the lookout for the website under construction. I'll post when it's up and running. www.edkrampcustomknives.com or edkrampknives.com

Back