News For 2015

JK Knives

The good news is that it looks like I can keep prices where they currently are, the material cost increases were marginal.

Orders (if they continue to come in) will still be taken.

I will no longer be offering knife blanks, except for the HK Series.

yeah, bummer. but, i'm with Peter here. i was hesitant to open this thread....

Dang, I was looking forward to putting scales on another Pocket Muk for myself once I got my finances squared away.:grumpy:

The reason behind this is easy. I got an email a while back from a guy bitching me out about his handle cracking around one of the pins. I asked for a picture, the handles were not mine, so I told him that and he got pissed off that I would not guarantee the handles even though they were not mine.

that's too bad. but, it doesn't surprise me. i'm surprised it's lasted this long. ;)

i enjoyed it while it lasted. and, thanks for having it as an offering John.

Great news that you will be going forward. That is good!

Stamp the blanks with a b or something to identify them as blanks.

I guess it's like anything else; one person acts up and it's a done deal for everyone.

best

mqqn

Would it help if I bitched about not being able to get blanks? :D

I miss you guys.

I guess it's like anything else; one person acts up and it's a done deal for everyone.

best

mqqn

That`s a pretty good idea!

Great news that you will be going forward. That is good! Stamp the blanks with a b or something to identify them as blanks.

best

mqqn

As long as orders come in I`ll keep making knives.

Looks like the "lights will be staying on." I`m just hoping the "ordering switch" stays on too! I don`t want to just depend on monthly sales.

best

mqqn
Yay Andi!

That`s a pretty good idea!
That's a great idea if it puts blanks back on the table for us DIYers!

It`s starting to look like 2015 may be the year of sales only, no orders have come in in over two weeks. Also, there will be no Anniversary Knife Contest this year. Since I am no longer able to make knives full time, there is no 7 year anniversary of being a full time maker. :(

I plan to order at least a couple knives after the holidays, money is tight this time of year, and probably not just for me. Don't get too discouraged, after a few more weeks pass I would think the orders will start rolling in like they should. Brad.

Do you ever do custom orders in other steels? cpm3v or b75p? Have you ever done a recurve?

Back