• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad NJBillK

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Morning all, I'm curious if anyone might have contact information for NJBillK NJBillK . I've been trying to PM him the last month with no response to get an update on some items he's working on for me. I know he moved recently which slowed things down a little but I haven't heard from him since mid-July and he still has 2 condor machetes of mine.

Trying to find a peaceful resolution here and I'm a little unsure what to do anymore but also fear the worst for NJBillK as he has been responsive up until that point as we started talking back in May about the modifications.

Send him an email or try calling, he may not be seeing the PMs.

I don't have his email or a phone number and I can't find anything listed on his profile. If anyone has that type of info and feel comfortable PM'ing it to me I will certainly contact him through one of those methods. A big part of this thread is to find a different way to contact him.

I don't have his email or a phone number and I can't find anything listed on his profile. If anyone has that type of info and feel comfortable PM'ing it to me I will certainly contact him through one of those methods. A big part of this thread is to find a different way to contact him.
Good idea, and perhaps someone knows him. Since you shipped, you must have an address. Can you just start to google some research on him?

Good idea, and perhaps someone knows him. Since you shipped, you must have an address. Can you just start to google some research on him?

I shipped to his old address. He had hoped to finish the job before moving but didn't so it traveled across the country, NJ to Arizona, with him.

Not sure why, hadn't thought to go to google to search. I'll make that a next step.

Thanks everyone so far, I will contact his email.

I was able to get in touch with NJBillK NJBillK via email and we exchanged phone numbers to make sure we have a few ways to communicate. For the most part this thread has served it's purpose of getting us connected but I'm going to leave it open for now to post the final resolution when everything is finished up.

Thanks again for those that helped out. Love this community.

Changed my post since it seems the OP is still having trouble....

Last edited:
Finally, back on familiar turf!

Thanks for the help and kind thoughts.
Heirphoto Heirphoto , thank you for getting back in touch.
palonej palonej , Joe, thank you for the vote of confidence.

Chad and I have been in contact, and a quick word of advise has come from this experience.
- If you are involved with anyone for some custom work, if at all possible, have multiple means of contact established as soon as possible.

Finally, back on familiar turf!

Thanks for the help and kind thoughts.
Heirphoto Heirphoto , thank you for getting back in touch.
palonej palonej , Joe, thank you for the vote of confidence.

Chad and I have been in contact, and a quick word of advise has come from this experience.
- If you are involved with anyone for some custom work, if at all possible, have multiple means of contact established as soon as possible.

Great to hear you’re ok Bill!
Hope the move was painless.....also, glad to hear you hightailed it the hell out of here!!
Now change your screen name!!
:D

Slight update, still working on getting this resolved with Bill. Overall dissatisfied with the timeliness of everything. I know he's been great for others so this is just one instance for those who may be reading. I have to assume he's very busy with the new things at his new location and I know I can be demanding but I do appreciate weekly, or at least occasional, updates if things are going to be taking long and the expected deadlines have been exceeded several times, some of the deadlines were simply to have a picture sent so pretty minor but he did try to put a date of 8/31/18 as a ship date. I have not received an update for at least a week now after reaching out for an update via email, then PM a few days after that (earlier this week), and then by text earlier this evening before typing this update. To be fair, I didn't give him a real chance to respond to the text. Actually, looking back at PM's and emails from Bill it looks like the last response I have was about the same time he last posted in this thread so it's been about 2 weeks.

At this point I would be happy just to get the blades back with the mods/handles unfinished so I can at least work on them myself to get them useable again. It's been since late May that the rehandle work was started. I've purchased new machetes and other tools to perform the work that the condors would have been used for, mainly clearing trails. Fortunately, the latin machetes at lowes are a lot cheaper than condor machetes so I'm not out too much while I wait.

I have no desire to drag him through the mud and am trying to be fair in the assessment of the situation. I am simply frustrated at the situation. Again, I know others have been very happy with him and his work, this is just one person's experience in a less than ideal situation, mainly that the work was being performed near a time he was going to relocate and we didn't setup good communication channels if one of us was unable to communicate through this forum.

I'll openly admit, I can be impatient which is why I like to request updates and I also know some people find me annoying for asking weekly if I haven't heard anything by then. Carry-over from my work life I guess.

He was on posting this week. NJBillK NJBillK , you need to communicate here. I know stuff can get complicated but please let your customer know what is going on.

Just got a few texts from him, he's working 2 jobs at the moment so he's very limited on time. I understand that so my ask then is simply better communication would be greatly appreciated. I know family takes priority I just don't like feeling like I'm left hanging.

He has finished one of the machetes, my condor golok (small one as he called it), and I think he just needs to shape the handle on the viking machete. The news here is that there has been progress so kudos for getting some work done on these between the bill-paying jobs.

Back