• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

No feedback good or bad wth ?

Lesknife

From SW Kansas prairie lands born in No Mans Land.
Gold Member
I’ve had 5 transactions on the exchange as a buyer only, no sales or trades. So far I’ve had only one feedback as positive and none negative. I’ve always left positive feedback for the seller and they tell me they will leave me a positive. So I’m wondering if I’m not doing something or if they forget. It’s really not a big deal but it’s kinda helps for future buying to have a good reputation. At least I don’t have any negatives to cause problems. Is this common?

Yeah I probably have 4-5 more transactions than what shows in my stats. After the sale is complete I'll ask once for feedback...if they don't oblige, oh well.

I have had 9 positives after around 20 transactions, with no bad experiences for either party. I tell the seller I am leaving positive feedback, and it seems to be the average positive response is around 50% when one is not directly asking. I tend to buy sub-$100 stuff so that may figure into the equation too.

I'd say just send them a friendly reminder. Some people don't leave feedback but you never know. With everything that's going on right now, people forget and things slip through the cracks. I try to leave feedback for most but I've probably forgotten something.

They likely just forgot about it, but IMO it is a bit lame not to give those with low feedback scores their due credit.
They still may wake up at some point and give the feedback

Yes, it's pretty common. However, feedback doesn't mean diddlysquat when it comes to someone's reputation on this forum. Go read the stickies in G,B,&U. People do flake out and scam others with a good amount of positive feedback.
IMO, your post areas are more important than feedback. If I check a members post area and see most of their dealings are in the sale/buy, trade, giveaway threads, I won't buy from them. When someone invests time and is a part of the community by participating in the various forums, those are the ones I want to deal with. They have more to lose than someone that's here just to flip knives. The flippers will just move on to another place to make a buck. Members that have established friendships and earned respect by sharing experiences/knowledge usually won't throw it away on a knife sale or a dispute with another member.

I always left feedback here in GBU, back in the day there weren't trading profiles. When I got back into it, it took me a while to realize that people were leaving me feedback there and not in here. I've since gotten into the habit of doing both, and have had positive experiences with people leaving me feedback in my trading profile, however not so much here.

One thing to keep in mind, and it took me a while on this as well since I used to buy a lot via PM and not posting in the thread - if you don't post in the thread as a buyer but only seal the deal via PM then the seller can't leave you feedback in your trading stats. Maybe obvious to most, but I didn't catch on right away. If the deal is all done via PM, then a simple "thanks" or such in the post will suffice.

Winston

It could be that the sellers you have dealt with do not sell much and let's face it leaving feedback here is not the most intuitive thing in the world. I have to go figure it out again every time.

if you have a lot of posts and not a lot of feedback not too big a deal. no feed back and not a lot of posts, im suspect to deal with you and will likely refuse if you have no references. But thats me personally.

While I agree with those that like to see the member participating in forum, not just the exchange, I do like to see some transaction feedback. It shows that they do know how to complete a transaction properly. Posting in other sections of the forum does not. I have had a few instances where a long term member with little or no feedback was totally clueless on proper execution of a transaction as well as disclosure. Best is a nice blend IMO

I make it a point to leave feedback. That’s the first thing I do when I receive a knife and check it and find it’s in good order and I want them to know I appreciate the opportunity and the transaction . The very first time I had a terrible time figuring it out but after doing the research I got it done. And it tells you it was successful and if not it says failed in big red letters. I sent the seller a pm and apologized for the delay of a few hours on posting feedback. Lol The one gentleman that did leave me a positive feedback was very quick after the funds went through. I was surprised he gave it before I received the knife. I think it’s common courtesy as in any business dealings to acknowledge the customers payment and likewise the sellers rending of goods. I hate to hound someone to get the atta boy.

I make it a point to leave feedback. That’s the first thing I do when I receive a knife and check it and find it’s in good order and I want them to know I appreciate the opportunity and the transaction . The very first time I had a terrible time figuring it out but after doing the research I got it done. And it tells you it was successful and if not it says failed in big red letters. I sent the seller a pm and apologized for the delay of a few hours on posting feedback. Lol The one gentleman that did leave me a positive feedback was very quick after the funds went through. I was surprised he gave it before I received the knife. I think it’s common courtesy as in any business dealings to acknowledge the customers payment and likewise the sellers rending of goods. I hate to hound someone to get the atta boy.

Glad you received your feedback, but it is a bit rash to leave positive feedback for a buyer right after they send funds. Buying is the simplest party with the least amount of responsibility in a transaction. Many things can still happen after funds are sent.

You handle the buying aspect perfectly. Get it, check it out to make sure it's as described and then let the seller know you received it and are happy by sending a message or leaving positive feedback.

A buyer that doesn't let me know they got it does not deserve a positive feedback, IMO.

I’m in the same boat, I always leave feedback as a buyer but have only received in return a few times. I’m going to stop leaving feedback and see what happens. I don’t feel like I should have to remind someone to be courteous.

Back