"No matter what" buys?

I knew it when I saw it.
XTrtbtf.jpg

Jelio Puukko if the right speciman arrives before the money is spent
Lion Steel Roundhead & Shuffler, both in White CF.

:D I imagine you ending up in your 80's like Scrooge McDuck in a giant vault swimming in a sea of PM2's.
1. Don't knock the eighties...
2. My PM2 collection went away five or six yrs ago.
3. Yeah, I've been told that I resemble Scrooge McDuck.

What knife would you buy (possibly on credit) the instant you see it available for sale?

Busse Battle Shark is mine.
1) Model 1728 Spanish cavalry sword in good to mint condition. The more inscriptions the better.

2) Colonial Spanish belduque of the "Joe Place" sword style in any condition, or even a reasonable repro facsimile thereof.

3) Sevillian navaja folding knife with "carraca" ratchet lock dating from mid 18h to mid 19h cent.

4) Folding Hackmann puukko red plastic "butterfly handled" knife.

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure there are more. Just a collector's wishes.

Zieg

I ended up giving the top "fin" a zero bevel grind.

I am mostly looking for investments, back ups and parts knives, so price is a factor. Knives for gifts are not as price sensitive.

Spyderco PM2 in LC200N, or Manix 2 in LC200N. Loving my Caribbean...

A red light saber. Ide mortgage my house for a resl one!

I would have a REALLY hard time resisting a custom lefty from Todd Rexford or Brad Southard.
If it was in one of my preferred material configurations? Out comes the credit card..... AND my wife's wrath!!

If we're being honest, a few -

Jake Hoback Kwaiback in Stoneage finish
The right Curtiss F3 Large, it'd have to be special

That's just what I'd jump on immediately, no matter what. Certainly not my grail list. I am fortunate enough to have most of my grails already, however.

My realistic no matter what knife would be vintage American carbon steel Butcher knife in good condition, at a good price of course.

I've got one coming at a very fair price for what it is, and it's got a sheath ( leather is still good, but it was crudely homemade and needs to be reworked )

Back