• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

No more Cold Steel for me

I was at a Shot show and I met Mr Tompson the presedent of Cold Steel and Ron Balicik one of his instructors. I came up with an idea for opening a knife. I showed it to Mr.Tompson and Mr.balicik. We talked for a while. I showed him how my idea worked. He liked it. So we talked about orders. We agreed on a number And he would send me some of his stuff that he wanted my idea to be on.I shook thier hands and said "thank you I'll look foward to making you the stuff". I went and ordered all the stuff I needed.The knives never came so I called the number that they gave me and they said there on the way. I wated for two weeks with no packedge. I called agin. I spoke to him again and he said he him self would ship it to me I gave him my mailing addres again. The packedge never showed.They have been doing this for a long while.

I grew up in the old school ,when a hand shake ment something.Does any one have any input on this.

I can be reached at rustyknives@hotmail.com or if you want to call me at 813-361-0586 My other addres chefrichard @msn.com it's messed up. so I had to get a temporary one.

Thanks
Rich

The title of your thread implies that there is a problem with Cold Steel Knives, either in their product or service department - instead it seems that you have an issue with the efforts made so far to establish a business relationship between yourself and Cold Steel, Inc.

I have met Ron Balicki, trained with him and my first serious martial arts and combatives school is also his alma mater. Ron is a seriously stand-up guy - Fred Degerberg of Degerberg Academy of Martial Arts would never have invested as much time and energy as he did into Ron unless the good karma was/ is there.

Lynn Thompson has a bad rep, but I can bet he is insansely busy between running and promoting a company that is as dependent on marketing and production as Cold Steel. I am sure that this statement may draw a few jeers and maybe even a snide remark or two, but let's face it, we have almost all owned Cold Steel knives in the past or present. This fact alone attests to his drive in running the company.

It is a shame that this is not working for you in current form, but if I can make a suggestion, write him a physical letter and address your concern, offer to make the modifications you are discussing and return the knives to him.

Physical mail is one of the more concrete ways to handle such a transaction - email and phone conversations are unfortunately very transparent in the business world - phone conversations moreso than email.

See if this works for you and best of luck.

Thank you for your input Parker.

I just wanted to make it more clear to all.The knives that cold steel make are good knives. I have no problems with thier knives. It's realy Mr. Tompson. I've been doing business with a hand shake to seal a deal for so many years. I guess those days are over.

I will form a letter To Cold Steel and try it that way and i'll send one to Mr. Balicki too.

Thanks

Rich Johnson

Back