No ship policy -NEW YORK ??

Wow this stinks ..some dealers won't ship into NY.
I know NYC [CITY = 5 BOROUGHS] has issues / laws that are a pain .
But why the whole state ? ?

Again its not all dealers ...

yeah its some politician in nyc trying to extort money from honest, hard working skilled american workers!? Eventually this will change. If you need a dealer feel free to PM me!

Even some private sales in the exchange are being affected, some guys arent shipping to n.y. either.ive had many knives come in with no problem. makes no sense.

I live in Western NYS and hunt and fish/camp etc - and have gotten refused knife sales by Cheaper than dirt & Sportsmans guide.

I called and told them I can buy that stuff at wally world etc,they said they had a "agreement" with the state D.A's orifice to not sell to the whole state !!!.

I told them they could take those sharp pointy things and stick um where the sun dont shine.

I live in Western NYS and hunt and fish/camp etc - and have gotten refused knife sales by Cheaper than dirt & Sportsmans guide.

I called and told them I can buy that stuff at wally world etc,they said they had a "agreement" with the state D.A's orifice to not sell to the whole state !!!.

I told them they could take those sharp pointy things and stick um where the sun dont shine.

:rolleyes:
Who at Cheaper than Dirt told you this?

I just went to their website and looked at a Spyderco Military. Theres a spot at the bottom of the page to enter your city and state, it will tell you if they can ship to you. I live in the suburbs of NYC, and it says "Yes...we can ship this to XXXXXXXXXX, NY".

Last edited:
We have the same issue here in CA, but I have found that many companies do not follow the law, even if it states "cannot ship to CA" in their own catalog! I have ordered plenty of 'forbidden' items from big sellers with no problem. But some are more strict about it.

I say, go ahead and order, there is a good chance you will get it!

I called for a nice promo griptillian 556 with better steel -no dice will not ship anywhere in new york - ridiculous intimidation from nyc da.

(( watch your mouth )) And the guys doing this BS!![/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
The prohibitive laws may be restricted to NYC, but the guy responsible for the last big shakedown was a New York state DA. As said before, check out the Knife Laws forum for more info on what exactly went down.

Suffice to say, most knife retailers would rather not cross someone with the authority to shut them down or sue them out of business. If you live in NY, you might try voting for sane public officials next time.

The prohibitive laws may be restricted to NYC, but the guy responsible for the last big shakedown was a New York state DA. As said before, check out the Knife Laws forum for more info on what exactly went down.

Suffice to say, most knife retailers would rather not cross someone with the authority to shut them down or sue them out of business. If you live in NY, you might try voting for sane public officials next time.

Now I'm not 100% sure, but I don't live in Manhattan or any of it's surrounding boroughs so I don't believe that I am eligible to vote for NYC officials. This would include the District Attorney. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

:rolleyes:
Who at Cheaper than Dirt told you this?

I just went to their website and looked at a Spyderco Military. Theres a spot at the bottom of the page to enter your city and state, it will tell you if they can ship to you. I live in the suburbs of NYC, and it says "Yes...we can ship this to XXXXXXXXXX, NY".

I did not ask their name .but it was a person in charge AFTER they refused my order on phoneline.

It was a 'terrible' knife such as a bayonet that was on sale - total BS but that was the case.

So some they will "allow you" and some they wont = total B.S. !!.

I did not ask their name .but it was a person in charge AFTER they refused my order on phoneline.

It was a 'terrible' knife such as a bayonet that was on sale - total BS but that was the case.

So some they will "allow you" and some they wont = total B.S. !!.

Well, do you know who the NYS Attorney General is? Our new Governor Andrew Cuomo! GREAT!:barf:

If you know how Cuomo feels about gun control you should have at least an idea of how he will feel on knife control!

Last edited:
Suffice to say, most knife retailers would rather not cross someone with the authority to shut them down or sue them out of business.

Exactly, its easier just not to sell em. We'll have this problem until somebody with some big bucks gets in a suit and fights this.

If you live in NY, you might try voting for sane public officials next time.

Nobody I ever voted for pushed this kind of crap!

Knife Right.org "cached" version. (highlights the search terms). I think it's the DA. Isn't that an appointed position which you can't vote on? Not sure on that? Click here to find lots of info. There's lot's of buttons you can click to join or just to donate a few bucks to help finance the cause. What a shame! :mad:

Well I live in NY State, NOT NYC and just got my Benchmade REI folder .No problem !!

Amen brother!

Illinois is the same way, some ship here some don't. Illinois is a joke. I can't even get a concealed carry permit, buy a handgun out of state or have ammo shipped to my residence without faxing my FOID card and DL to the seller. If you live in Cook county you cannot have any ammo shipped to you, or own a handgun. People in Southern Illinois have to suffer for the ignorance of the Politicians in Chicago.

Illinois is the same way, some ship here some don't. Illinois is a joke. I can't even get a concealed carry permit, buy a handgun out of state or have ammo shipped to my residence without faxing my FOID card and DL to the seller. If you live in Cook county you cannot have any ammo shipped to you, or own a handgun. People in Southern Illinois have to suffer for the ignorance of the Politicians in Chicago.

I haven't had any problems with dealers shipping knives to Illinois and there are no laws against it either like there are in NYC. Guns are a completely different topic and honestly shouldnt be compared to the issue with shipping knives.