1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

No ship policy -NEW YORK ??

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by mfm22, Nov 12, 2010.

1. mfm22

mfm22

Nov 9, 2010
    Wow this stinks ..some dealers won't ship into NY.
    I know NYC [CITY = 5 BOROUGHS] has issues / laws that are a pain .
    But why the whole state ? ?

Again its not all dealers ...

2. Striderco

Striderco

Jun 17, 2010
    yeah its some politician in nyc trying to extort money from honest, hard working skilled american workers!? Eventually this will change. If you need a dealer feel free to PM me!

3. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    Even some private sales in the exchange are being affected, some guys arent shipping to n.y. either.ive had many knives come in with no problem. makes no sense.

4. bomber258

bomber258

Mar 31, 2009
    I live in Western NYS and hunt and fish/camp etc - and have gotten refused knife sales by Cheaper than dirt & Sportsmans guide.

I called and told them I can buy that stuff at wally world etc,they said they had a "agreement" with the state D.A's orifice to not sell to the whole state !!!.

I told them they could take those sharp pointy things and stick um where the sun dont shine.

5. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Sep 14, 2010
  6. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Sep 14, 2010
    :rolleyes:
    Who at Cheaper than Dirt told you this?

I just went to their website and looked at a Spyderco Military. Theres a spot at the bottom of the page to enter your city and state, it will tell you if they can ship to you. I live in the suburbs of NYC, and it says "Yes...we can ship this to XXXXXXXXXX, NY".

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  7. axtalan0

axtalan0

Jul 18, 2008
    We have the same issue here in CA, but I have found that many companies do not follow the law, even if it states "cannot ship to CA" in their own catalog! I have ordered plenty of 'forbidden' items from big sellers with no problem. But some are more strict about it.

I say, go ahead and order, there is a good chance you will get it!

8. mfm22

mfm22

Nov 9, 2010
    I called for a nice promo griptillian 556 with better steel -no dice will not ship anywhere in new york - ridiculous intimidation from nyc da.

9. Striderco

Striderco

Jun 17, 2010
    (( watch your mouth )) And the guys doing this BS!![/B]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
  10. Scott Neelan

Scott Neelan

May 4, 2010
    The prohibitive laws may be restricted to NYC, but the guy responsible for the last big shakedown was a New York state DA. As said before, check out the Knife Laws forum for more info on what exactly went down.

Suffice to say, most knife retailers would rather not cross someone with the authority to shut them down or sue them out of business. If you live in NY, you might try voting for sane public officials next time.

11. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    Now I'm not 100% sure, but I don't live in Manhattan or any of it's surrounding boroughs so I don't believe that I am eligible to vote for NYC officials. This would include the District Attorney. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

12. bomber258

bomber258

Mar 31, 2009
    I did not ask their name .but it was a person in charge AFTER they refused my order on phoneline.

It was a 'terrible' knife such as a bayonet that was on sale - total BS but that was the case.

So some they will "allow you" and some they wont = total B.S. !!.

13. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Sep 14, 2010
    Well, do you know who the NYS Attorney General is? Our new Governor Andrew Cuomo! GREAT!:barf:

If you know how Cuomo feels about gun control you should have at least an idea of how he will feel on knife control!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  14. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Sep 14, 2010
    Exactly, its easier just not to sell em. We'll have this problem until somebody with some big bucks gets in a suit and fights this.

Nobody I ever voted for pushed this kind of crap!

15. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    Knife Right.org "cached" version. (highlights the search terms). I think it's the DA. Isn't that an appointed position which you can't vote on? Not sure on that? Click here to find lots of info. There's lot's of buttons you can click to join or just to donate a few bucks to help finance the cause. What a shame! :mad:

16. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Well I live in NY State, NOT NYC and just got my Benchmade REI folder .No problem !!

17. proguide

proguide

Mar 26, 2004
    unreal

18. GingivitisKahn

GingivitisKahn

Jun 8, 2010
    Amen brother!

19. High Density

High Density

Oct 4, 2010
    Illinois is the same way, some ship here some don't. Illinois is a joke. I can't even get a concealed carry permit, buy a handgun out of state or have ammo shipped to my residence without faxing my FOID card and DL to the seller. If you live in Cook county you cannot have any ammo shipped to you, or own a handgun. People in Southern Illinois have to suffer for the ignorance of the Politicians in Chicago.

20. kawr

kawr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I haven't had any problems with dealers shipping knives to Illinois and there are no laws against it either like there are in NYC. Guns are a completely different topic and honestly shouldnt be compared to the issue with shipping knives.