No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
In on one!

I have no snarky picture at the moment, so this will have to do. I hope you all are enjoying your evening.

2kB9Mlk.jpg

Good clear photo as always brudda. Can't say I'm enjoying this shutdown really. Honestly, I'm doing what I normally do, be online, haha. Just the idea of it.

Good clear photo as always brudda. Can't say I'm enjoying this shutdown really. Honestly, I'm doing what I normally do, be online, haha. Just the idea of it.

It's definitely for the birds, my friend. I'm fortunate in that I already work from home but the wife and kids are stuck with me now - I miss my daily solitude.

I'm just hoping we all can bounce right back after it all blows over.

Enjoy the time you have with the people you care about.

Very quiet around here too. Everything’s pretty much closed. No cars, nobody walking around.

Watched 1917 last night. Great movie. Roasted some deer ribs and had with crock pot beans. Worked on the farm, did a bit of weed whacking. Debating if we go to Church tomorrow.

Hold Fast BeckerHeads!

24A4684D-8588-4E26-86FE-6A33DA63C2FB.jpeg

In on one, what's up my Beckerheads!

Yes, you can't help but wonder if something bigger is really going on. A little piece of information that we are not privy to. Never in my life, nor in my parents' life, have we experienced anything like this. I find myself carrying everywhere I go nowadays, these are some strange times.

Yall keep hanging in there, stay prepared and always have a plan B. I like to live by the 6P Philosphy: Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Hope all of yall are well!

In on one, what's up my Beckerheads!

Yes, you can't help but wonder if something bigger is really going on. A little piece of information that we are not privy to. Never in my life, nor in my parents' life, have we experienced anything like this. I find myself carrying everywhere I go nowadays, these are some strange times.

Yall keep hanging in there, stay prepared and always have a plan B. I like to live by the 6P Philosphy: Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Hope all of yall are well!

I have done the same even just around our sleepy little town. I can tell most folks are scared and that is a recipe for the unexpected. People are buying not only TP but guns and ammo like I've never seen before. Not sure if someone knows more than us or if they are scared from not knowing. But it is definitely time to stay vigilante and look out for one another.

That old saying "may you live in interesting times" ... well maybe I'm getting old but I'll take boring I think.

Yeah, something bigger is going on. A pandemic. :rolleyes:

Statistically this virus infects men more often than women (even corrected for smoking rates), and kills men in a higher percentage of those infected too. Which I bother to mention because I suspect us dudes tend to be cavalier about this stuff.

I'd been thinking about getting my handloading running again anyway, and looks like just in time. I bought the last two bricks of pistol primers in town last week, and Bill was doing quite a bit of business in firearms and ammo. Nobody was buy rods, bait, or archery gear when I was in the shop.

Fortunately the ranges at the club are all outside and pretty much "social distancing". The club has cancelled all events, and made a limited-number-of-shooters rule. Usually the place is pretty quiet anyway, and people space out regardless because booms.

No church here. Mine decided to suspend meetings and activities for a while.

My work is still going. Kids home. Wife has to go back to work on Monday, as do I.

I did some work on my car with my brother (he is a neighbor). Replaced the rear rotors and brake pads. Then had to fix my parking brake. Rotated my tires by hand. (No lift).

Then, I went and checked on my folks accross town.

Yeah, something bigger is going on. A pandemic. :rolleyes:

Statistically this virus infects men more often than women (even corrected for smoking rates), and kills men in a higher percentage of those infected too. Which I bother to mention because I suspect us dudes tend to be cavalier about this stuff.
~snip~
Git yer fax atta here! No ‘un wants ta hear dat!

Sorry guys, but a worldwide pandemic is just that. Shitty for everyone. If you think the US is gonna take a hit, remember everyone else is in the same damn boat. Be safe y’all.

I believe there is always something "bigger" coming. However, we shouldn't gird our loins for all the times of panic, rather we should make 'practical habits' a way of life. I do not leave my home without a folder (or two), my licensed CCW and a speed-loader. In fact, I just tossed a folder next to the computer out of habit--and that's the point.

Sure, you might get castigated for paranoia, that is until circumstances deviate. I always secrete a few singles for "coffee on the road." Oh, I might be delayed somewhere, but at least we can be civil. Carry your CCW and a good, solid folder. What could it hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back