No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have yet another stove that should be here tomorrow. Already have one, but the price was too good to pass up. Also, ordered a Dremel type tool. Had one years ago, but not sure what happened to it. I have a rechargeable model, but it never lasted that long, and now the battery is completely shot. Here's a photo of my vintage stoves, minus the 8R en route, and an Optimus 45 I'm fettling:

My wife and I are getting ready for working remotely tomorrow...
dHpcysy.jpg

Have yet another stove that should be here tomorrow. Already have one, but the price was too good to pass up. Also, ordered a Dremel type tool. Had one years ago, but not sure what happened to it. I have a rechargeable model, but it never lasted that long, and now the battery is completely shot. Here's a photo of my vintage stoves, minus the 8R en route, and an Optimus 45 I'm fettling:

Nice collection Dubz! Now for the second shelf...
My wife and I are getting ready for working remotely tomorrow...
dHpcysy.jpg
I like the way you think...

Just cleared all the books I owned off those shelves, but you're correct, need more space. I'm gonna lay off buying for awhile, unless I get something for a ridiculous price.

Just cleared all the books I owned off those shelves, but you're correct, need more space. I'm gonna lay off buying for awhile, unless I get something for a ridiculous price.

what I would do for more bookshelves to hold actual books...
Or rather more wall space for the 9 more feet of shelves that I HAVE. On top of the... nevermind. I'm practically drowning in books. I'd better not develop a stove habit, it would be catastrophic.

I've always liked the camp/hiking stoves. After my fil gave me 3 vintage, I kind of got hooked, yet, at a later date.

Our Governor has finally issued a stay-at-home order, violators punishable with jail time and/or hefty fine. To give credit where it is due, she gave us Oregonians every opportunity to abide by the recommendations of health officials - they still flocked to the beaches and campgrounds, etc.

I've been taking the opportunity to get some work around the domicile done. Cleaned the moss off my roof, did some plumbing (the worst), processed a ton of wood for burning, began getting my gardens prepped for planting, etc.

In these strange times, it's good to focus on the good things.

Silas is 7 months now - turning into quite the handsome pup.

6mHjfQ8.jpg

Sunset pic from the other evening.

mFgWeCP.jpg

Had a proper green cigar for St. Paddy's Day last week.

59ossQF.jpg

That’s one pup that knows it’s handsome lol.

Honestly, I wish they’d just get it over with and give the stay at home order here as well. I had to replace a dead battery on the wife’s vehicle on Saturday, so a headed to Canadian Tire, And there must have been over a hundred people there - whole families, young kids, elderly couples - taking their time, strolling down the isles. I got in and out as fast as I could. The sooner people are forced to stay home, the sooner all this can be over with.

The only down side to "sheltering in place" for me is that my PO is 25 miles away so new get anything that I've bought online will require violating the S-I-P orders of TWO counties since the PO is in a county other than the one I live in. I guess I need to call the PO and find out if the S-I-P orders prohibit going to the POs.

I have always kept at least 2 months worh of supplies, rotating as necessary, mainly because a 22 mile trip to the store is a pain in the @$$. I just jacked up my stand-by storage to 4 months back in January already after I saw what was happening in China. I made my monthly ammo purchase the first week of March, but my April purchase will be delayed, especially since the panic run has depleted everything.

I have such a long list of chores to accomplish around the farm that I doubt I would finish them all if the S-I-P lasted a year - 3 buildings to tear down, a brooder house to move and repair, a house to get reliveable, a workshop to clean up, a garage apartment to clean out, a knife room to finish out, a couple of miles of fence to put in and/or replace. Then there's the day-to-day mow the yards, weed the flower beds, tend the garden, etc....

Hope everyone stays safe and well. The best advice I saw came from a 40+ years friend who is a retired Army tanker who took up a second career as an ER nurse after retirement. He basically said everyone needs to act as if they have had a COVID19 positive test, even if they haven't even been tested. Act like you have been exposed and stay put. Doing that will cut the transmissions, flatten the curve and end this thing sooner.

Sweet! Hear that everyone? Beakerhead Party at Zee’s place! He’s got supplies for all!! :D

That’s some sage advice from your friend. Hoping we can get this done with sooner rather than later, so we all can get back to our regularly scheduled life.

Keeping the kiddo busy during social distancing with some leather projects:

She designed some artwork for the leather wrap on my coffee container as well:

A little bit of wet forming, and a little sno-seal, here’s the finished product:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back