Noss4..??

No they were not scientific tests, they just showed how solidly some were (Knives) constructed, and others were not! Most of us would never consider putting our Busse's through the Punishment Noss did. It was however re-assuring to see that if need be they could be pushed where the majority of other Manufactures products could Not! I liked them!!

Its been a while, i dont remember exact outcome of all the videos, but assuming some Busse"s eventually broke, Do you guys think Nos claimed Warranty ? Since technically he did not Cut them with a blow torch (which according to Boss would offcourse void the warranty)

No--no warranty claims from Noss, to my knowledge. Certainly not on the ones I was involved with. The warranty basically excludes coverage for a knife destroyed on purpose, and the tests were clearly designed to take knives to destruction.

From the Busse Combat website:

OUR GUARANTEE

Busse Knife Group is proud to have the toughest warranty in the industry.

All Busse Knife Group blades are guaranteed for life against any and all unintentional MAJOR damage. Your knife will either be repaired or replaced at our discretion.

Please note that aftermarket modifications done to your knife outside of our shop that cause your knife to fail may void your warranty.

Busse Knife Group encourages extreme usage of our blades as they are without question "The Toughest Knives in the World". We have no rivals. You can use a Busse Knife Group blade as hard as you like and our warranty has you covered.

(emphasis added)

Its been a while, i dont remember exact outcome of all the videos, but assuming some Busse"s eventually broke, Do you guys think Nos claimed Warranty ? Since technically he did not Cut them with a blow torch (which according to Boss would offcourse void the warranty)

No. He knew that he would be voiding Busse's warranty beforehand. His vids usually started with him stating that he was testing knife xxx to destruction. Even if he had tried to utilize the warranty, it would have been the record-holder for fastest claim denial...video proof and all. :D ;)

The warranty quote says "Use it as hard as you like" lol

There is a line between using it as hard as you like, and intentionally using it in a manner you know will cause major damage to the tool "just because". Lmao :D :)

hmmmmmm--I wonder...

attachment.php

Nah. :D

Im not arguing that it should of been covered, just curious if he tried, maybe im just looking for an explanation why someone would destroy a beautiful FBM or similar blades

hmmmmmm--I wonder...

attachment.php

LOL! :eek:
Ya know...the funny thing is if you told Bossman that you wanted to still use it, boxcutter, carpet cutter, etc., and asked him if the Shop could clean it up a little, mebbe reverse tanto & resharpen, he'd probably consider it. :) IIRC, I once heard the mail room uses a warranteed/returned original Skeleton Key with part of the blade snapped to open incoming packages.
Coolest Boxcutter Evah. :D

Yeah...but I like it the way it is. :cool: :D

One of the most interesting things about the tests to me was how incredibly well the Res-C held up. After pounding on the FFBM with that 3 lb steel hammer a few hundred times, the handle rivets loosened up and made the grip unstable, with the slabs finally coming off altogether. But after the same treatment, the Basic 9 handle had only a small split at the butt which doesn't affect comfort or control in the least. Occasionally I see posters here speculating about the relative merits of full tang vs reduced tang/Res-C, typically taking the view that the Res-C is not as durable. Clearly, they haven't seen the tests.

One of the most interesting things about the tests to me was how incredibly well the Res-C held up. After pounding on the FFBM with that 3 lb steel hammer a few hundred times, the handle rivets loosened up and made the grip unstable, with the slabs finally coming off altogether. But after the same treatment, the Basic 9 handle had only a small split at the butt which doesn't affect comfort or control in the least. Occasionally I see posters here speculating about the relative merits of full tang vs reduced tang/Res-C, typically taking the view that the Res-C is not as durable. Clearly, they haven't seen the tests.

Hmmm Let's see... Favorite Handle Material of ALL TIME?????

Micarta - Nope
G10 - Nope
Bone - Nope
Tooth - Nope
Wood - Nope
Cord - Nope
Plastics - Nope

Res-C - YUP!!!

Noss proved to me why it's my first choice too!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I miss that Hockey Masked Rascal.:(

No. He knew that he would be voiding Busse's warranty beforehand. His vids usually started with him stating that he was testing knife xxx to destruction. Even if he had tried to utilize the warranty, it would have been the record-holder for fastest claim denial...video proof and all. :D ;)

Didn't Jerry cover, or at least offer, for the skeleton key driven into the log and kicked? Might be foggy on some details, been awhile since then. Not advocating for anyone to abuse the warranty, just saying it is the best offered on the planet

hmmmmmm--I wonder...

attachment.php

That veteran of a knife deserve respect of highest order.
I still remembered first time I saw Noss's FFBM d-test, it was like hearing God's call on me, at some point I just repented and bought the knife.

Yep, I was quite surprised at the durability of the Res C. I did not own any Res C until after I saw that video myself. I would have never thought it to be so tough.

Another lesson that surprised me was how reduced tangs held up to Noss' side-hammer blows on the handles. On some knives with stick tangs, the tang would break off under heavy lateral stress/hammer blows, as expected. But Busse's Basics tang design is meaty enough, with no hard-corner stress points (all handle/tang corners radiused), that with leverage the stress was successfully transferred to the flex point on the blade where it bent and eventually broke (as on the B9 piece pictured above).

All my life I had assumed a reduced tang would fail under lateral stress before the blade it was connected to, but once again Jerry Busse taught me the error of my thinking--with a little help from Noss.

So not only do you get the insulation from cold, heat and electrical shock, and the ergonomic comfort and grip security of Res-C in Busse's Basic designs--you also get significant weight savings with no loss in durability or lateral strength in terms of "real world" applications.

Truly amazing design.

Back