1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Not enough love for the Gayle Bradley 2

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by timbo813, May 3, 2017.

1. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    ^^^Agree. I relieved mine a bit, too, and much prefer it!

Rusty_shackelford likes this.
  2. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Yeah, I took mine much further. I was a little worried about how it would look. But decided to open up the entire Spydie Hole so it's easier to both open and close. Early arthritis sort of helped make my decision.

3. DA170

DA170 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2020
    I purchased the GB1 as my second Spyderco a few years ago when Knifeworks still had some in stock. I've been wanting /waiting for a resupply of the GB2 for months now, Hopefully we'll see some soon!

Sigguy likes this.
  4. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    fwiw, I don't mind how the liners are proud of the scales on the gb2 - it's only a bit, and the edges are not sharp anyway...
    I doubt I'll mod that

but I do intend on sanding the lock release area since it's a bit sharp

5. tjsblade

tjsblade Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2012
    How or what materials are you using to grind and create that increased access?

6. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    I used a tabletop bench sander.

7. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    My sander, and a small dremel tool chucked up in my drill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Sigguy

Sigguy Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Same here! Come on Spyderco, bring back the GB2!................please.

9. DA170

DA170 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2020
    The GB2 has been restocked at some online vendors and SFO if anyone's interested!

GB940Rookie and abbazaba like this.
  10. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Still one of the best! Though a far cry from the $120 I paid when they dropped (before MAP). Back then it was one of the greatest values out there.

toxophilus and GB940Rookie like this.
  11. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    Agreed, but even at 170 it’s still a great folder. Hopefully they’ve fixed the recurve in the blade problem. It took three tries before I got one with a straight edge.

12. Buellrider

Buellrider Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Thanks for the enabling y’all, I just ordered a GB2.

GB940Rookie likes this.
  13. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I just ordered a second one from DLT. Been waiting a long time for these to come back in stock. My favorite Spyderco to date! Too good not to have a backup!

MolokaiRider and GB940Rookie like this.
  14. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    Ordered a back up myself. Not just my favorite Spydie, but my favorite folder.

15. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Decided to pick one up and it’s on the way:thumbsup:
    DLT’s restock only lasted a few hours. I hesitated for a hour or two and decided to pull the trigger. So glad I did because I when Looked a hour or so later they were sold out .

GB940Rookie likes this.
  16. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Your gonna love it.

Back when they were 120 or so it was too good to be true.

They are still worth the higher prices today. Gayle knows how to design a high performance folding knife.

GB940Rookie and TheFactor like this.
  17. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks Brother ! I’m looking forward to this classic in round 2 :D

18. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Mine arrived and absolutely love it right out of the box!
    [​IMG]

rpn, GB940Rookie and MolokaiRider like this.
  19. Buellrider

Buellrider Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Got mine today. Fit and finish are excellent like most Taichung knives and the action is amazingly good. Shaving sharp out of the box and blade is perfect.

Lock up is good but mine has a good amount of lock stick, hoping that it will smooth out with use. The gunmetal pocket clip is a fingerprint magnet and I can see why several people have relieved the lock release access.

[​IMG]

toxophilus and GB940Rookie like this.
  20. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Mines been riding with me all day first time out and like the above post the fit and finish is beautiful along with the grind. Very little to no lock stick. I actually like the recessed lockbar release since it won’t accidentally disengage even with a king fu gorilla grip lol. I just push down with my thumb when releasing and it’s no issue and not uncomfortable at all for me. But I know and can understand how it might be for others. Really very happy this one and enjoying it very much. It’s almost like a tactical gentleman’s folder :D :thumbsup: