1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Not enough love for the Gayle Bradley 2

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by timbo813, May 3, 2017.

1. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    I'm considering a gb2. Mmm hollow ground m4!!

kobold and TheFactor like this.
  2. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    I absolutely love mine right out of the box :thumbsup:

kobold likes this.
  3. BellaBlades

BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    The GB2 is great. Although I prefer the PM2 for a few reasons. It's great. Just a bit too slick and the thumb hole is too tiny.

4. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    The GB2 is ruining me. I don't want to put anything else in my pocket most days. The only other contender is my K390 Para 2.

It's knocked out a Cruwear Manix and a Rex45 Shaman.

kobold, GB940Rookie, rpn and 2 others like this.
  5. soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    I am so close to pulling the trigger...I think I'm just going to go ahead and do it. Might as well check it out while they are in stock!

Edit : And my order is in. Can't wait to check it out!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    el gigantor, kobold and GB940Rookie like this.
  6. jfindon

jfindon

Dec 12, 2006
    I can't stand mine. Garbage ergos for my hand, but to each their own.

7. Roundg

Roundg

Apr 20, 2020
    Happy that just snag a GB1 from the exchange. The thin liner lock is the main reason keeping from GB2. I used to own a Blur, always feel not safe with the thin liner lock.

8. soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    [​IMG]

Just arrived! Already in love! Great size, great blade, ergos are really nice, lock up is solid! Little bit of lock stick, no big deal it will work in. Very smooth action, very flickable, although the detent is the normal Taichung, on the softer side. The cf feels a little different than my Amalgam, a little smoother and more refined.

I'm diggin it!

9. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    What a phenomenal knife ! I’ve been enjoying this Spyderco so much. Every time I slide it into my pocket I feel this sense of satisfaction and made the right choice for the carry of the day. The action is wonderful with a almost hydraulic type action and smooth as butter. What a well designed knife by Spyderco and Gayle Bradley :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

GB940Rookie, matfox, kobold and 2 others like this.
  10. soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    Yup, loving mine! Did some tests shaving some wood off a 2x4, and shaving down some random sticks from the yard. Just having fun while the kiddo jumped on the trampoline. Afterwards I cleanly sliced a paper towel in half... The factory edge is very good, and no dulling at all after my tests. Love it!

I did see a video review on YouTube where the reviewer said this is the last batch and the knife is discontinued, saying spyderco said so. I haven't seen any announcements on it? Maybe @Sal Glesser can chime in? Would really be a bummer, this knife is pretty amazing!

kobold and TheFactor like this.
  11. Buellrider

Buellrider Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    We got off to a rocky start but she smoothed out. Can’t keep her out of my pocket now.

[​IMG]

matfox, el gigantor, kobold and 3 others like this.
  12. kobold

kobold

Aug 23, 2020
    Decided to remove the alarming video about the gb2 being discontinued. We will see I guess.

I bought mine a week ago. Love it!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    TheFactor likes this.
  13. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    I really don't dislike the CF scales that the GB2 features but I felt that the M4 was calling for some micarta. It looks like they're in my mailbox this morning.

kobold, loon#r and DA170 like this.
  14. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    @Sal Glesser - sorry to bother. Can you confirm that the GB2 has been discontinued or will it continue in regular production?

kobold likes this.
  15. DA170

DA170 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Great knife, But video is click bait! GB2 is not being discontinued. ...:thumbsup:

16. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    I keep reading that it is but I'm not sure where they're getting this information. It's a disservice to the knife community to create false demand.

kobold and DA170 like this.
  17. DA170

DA170 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Taken from Spyderco forums. Should put this false rumor to bed! From TazKristi:

"Hey, kobold:
    I just wanted to offer some clarity. I'm not sure what Slicey Dicey means by "But once they're gone... They're GONE!" but the Gayle Bradley 2 is not going anywhere. It's a standard inventory item.

Welcome to our forum!

Kristi"

Mikke, Ippon98, kobold and 3 others like this.
  18. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    Thanks for the update. I need to remember to check the Spyderco forum more.

19. kobold

kobold

Aug 23, 2020
    It's good to know it's not going anywhere. I removed the video from my post.

20. soc_monki

Apr 5, 2019
    I like slicey dicey, and enjoy his videos. He doesn't strike me as a person who would jump the gun like that. Wonder where he got his information? He's an editor (I think) for a knife magazine, I figured he would have followed up on that before telling people it is being discontinued.

kobold likes this.