Not enough love for the Gayle Bradley 2

The GB2 is great. Although I prefer the PM2 for a few reasons. It's great. Just a bit too slick and the thumb hole is too tiny.

I am so close to pulling the trigger...I think I'm just going to go ahead and do it. Might as well check it out while they are in stock!

Edit : And my order is in. Can't wait to check it out!

Last edited:
Happy that just snag a GB1 from the exchange. The thin liner lock is the main reason keeping from GB2. I used to own a Blur, always feel not safe with the thin liner lock.

rzRpZSy.jpg

Just arrived! Already in love! Great size, great blade, ergos are really nice, lock up is solid! Little bit of lock stick, no big deal it will work in. Very smooth action, very flickable, although the detent is the normal Taichung, on the softer side. The cf feels a little different than my Amalgam, a little smoother and more refined.

I'm diggin it!

What a phenomenal knife ! I’ve been enjoying this Spyderco so much. Every time I slide it into my pocket I feel this sense of satisfaction and made the right choice for the carry of the day. The action is wonderful with a almost hydraulic type action and smooth as butter. What a well designed knife by Spyderco and Gayle Bradley :thumbsup:
pHc8OjK.jpg

Yup, loving mine! Did some tests shaving some wood off a 2x4, and shaving down some random sticks from the yard. Just having fun while the kiddo jumped on the trampoline. Afterwards I cleanly sliced a paper towel in half... The factory edge is very good, and no dulling at all after my tests. Love it!

I did see a video review on YouTube where the reviewer said this is the last batch and the knife is discontinued, saying spyderco said so. I haven't seen any announcements on it? Maybe @Sal Glesser can chime in? Would really be a bummer, this knife is pretty amazing!

Decided to remove the alarming video about the gb2 being discontinued. We will see I guess.

I bought mine a week ago. Love it!

Last edited:
I really don't dislike the CF scales that the GB2 features but I felt that the M4 was calling for some micarta. It looks like they're in my mailbox this morning.

I keep reading that it is but I'm not sure where they're getting this information. It's a disservice to the knife community to create false demand.

Taken from Spyderco forums. Should put this false rumor to bed! From TazKristi:

"Hey, kobold:
I just wanted to offer some clarity. I'm not sure what Slicey Dicey means by "But once they're gone... They're GONE!" but the Gayle Bradley 2 is not going anywhere. It's a standard inventory item.

Welcome to our forum!

Kristi"

"Hey, kobold:
I just wanted to offer some clarity. I'm not sure what Slicey Dicey means by "But once they're gone... They're GONE!" but the Gayle Bradley 2 is not going anywhere. It's a standard inventory item.

Welcome to our forum!

Kristi"

Thanks for the update. I need to remember to check the Spyderco forum more.

"Hey, kobold:

Welcome to our forum!

Kristi"

It's good to know it's not going anywhere. I removed the video from my post.

I like slicey dicey, and enjoy his videos. He doesn't strike me as a person who would jump the gun like that. Wonder where he got his information? He's an editor (I think) for a knife magazine, I figured he would have followed up on that before telling people it is being discontinued.

Back