Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn phone won't send a photo via texting. Never had that problem before. Checked a bunch of sites, which all basically suggested the same thing. Nothing worked. Normal text works, but a photo will not. I think it's time for a new phone.
Try to shut the phone completely off and start it up again.

Dude, I've tried everything I could find on the internet. New APN settings, the works. Nothing has worked. The only thing I haven't tried is resetting my phone to the default settings, and I'm trying to avoid that. Hate to start all over again, but I may have too.

are you sure you didn't accidentally turn off SMS texting in the settings?

Man, I've been through everything. I installed the app Textra SMS. It works fine. Only thing is, when I installed it, it just shows the other person's texts, and not mine, haha. Oh well, they still show up in the Samsung message app. I'll just use Textra when I want to send a photo.

Anniversary is a few days off. We used to go for a hike, or go to the cabin, but it looks like we'll be doing nothing this year.

Is this forum slow to load, or is it just on my end? Other sites seem to be loading normally.

I heard it was crashed for a bit today.
also - according to my sister, ask your carrier for a replacement SIM card, as they can wear out after a couple of years and that might solve your connectivity problem with SMS not working right.

Before it was even announced, I was suspicious of a BK folder. All these years, BK&T has made fixed blades; totally different engineering for folders. Not to say that it couldnโ€™t be done, but with so many other quality American companies making folders, the BK&T folder would have to come out the gates in a very strong fashion. It didnโ€™t. Instead we got another budget knife like the Mark 98. :(

What @Xr6x wrote has resonated with me; if KA-BAR built off their Spartan relationship, weโ€™d surely get a gem.

Bills, bills, bills. My week hospital stay was nearly $33,000, or, $4714.29 per day.

Expensive, yes, but thieves, I don't think so. They did keep me alive. Plus, I have insurance.

In recent years, there have been some solid chinese produced knives. I wouldnt expect that has anything to do with where the kabar chinese knives are produced. Even with chinese kershaw knives now coming with d2 steel, there is still a large difference between them and their usa made knives. One would think they would at least use the same internal components, they dont. For example, the torsion bar of the chinese speedsafe is weak and fragile. The usa torsion bars are far more sturdy and last much longer.

So even if one were to replace the blade, you still have suspect liners among other questionable conponents.

Expensive, yes, but thieves, I don't think so. They did keep me alive. Plus, I have insurance.

Ive been on an island with my views of hospitals and insurance and theres not much reason for me to elaborate since i wouldnt want to convince anyone.

im glad insurance helped you out and you didnt have to pay all that.

I'll give it a try - and who knows, if I like the blade shape and the action, I may make a replacement blade for it.

I'm a bit conflicted. I wouldn't mind getting one at that price at all, but on the same time I don't wanna sponsor Kabar on many of the choices they made here...

yeah, not much to say about it: They had the chance to bring something unique and unfortunately, they squandered it.

I kind of agreed. And the absence of E in this whole story is kinda a sign on the wall for me. I hope he's fine and that Kabar treats one of their top designers (and might I say, cash cows?) with some respect and dignity.

Father in law called the wife over tonight. She brought back two 4Patriots Sun Kettles. I think conditions have to be so so to actually be able to boil, but still good enough for coffee, tea, etc.

By the way, made a new sig tonight. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back