Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, long time!! Hope you have been well.

Im still fishing a bunch in between college classes, i still kayak fish, and use the bass boat... But several months ago i bought myself a little 14 foot skiff with a 15hp yamaha and i have mostly been using it. In the colder temps the reds and snooks have been coming shallow and i have been tearing them up. The little skiff can go in 3 inches of water so even in low tide i can hunt them down.

Dogs are doing great. The big boy cane corso, Lycan, got up to about 145 pounds and stands as tall as me with a head bigger than my chest LOL The little shiba Neko still thinks he is the boss... But Battle is still by far my favorite. He can trail a bleeding deer for miles and listens better than any dog i have ever had, he is a champ.

Dont do very much on forums anymore.... Or facebook either, too political, too hateful... I post occasionally on FB, but mostly just about fishing, dogs, and family trips.

Earlier today i was reading on a Chevy colorado forum, since i just got a 2021 colorado Z71, and was thinking DAMN... Where is all the camaraderie, friendships, family type vibes from the forum days i remember... Made me think of the Snark threads and i had to come visit!!
Yeah I remember Lucan and your shiba inu. Good to hear they’re doing well.

Good call on nixing the social media. I only frequent this forum and one other local outdoors forum. Too much hate like you said.

Sounds like you’re doing awesome; a balance of classes and fishing, sounds good to me!

I have never caught a pike... They dont like the waters i fish in florida apparently LOL

Also have never been ice fishing. I think id like it. Sit and drink some Modelo and a few shots of whiskey while waiting on a bite... doesnt sound too bad to me.

Pretty pup there too!
Hot chocolate and Bailey’s FTW.

Since y'all got quiet I guess I'll share a few pictures...

A couple of the dogs

Neko hasn't changed.
AHPUw7o.jpg

Lycan grew... A little... Don't mind my outfit, I was doing yardwork.
KRvbAef.jpg

And my baby. Battle.

2zBEQvC.jpg

bkqRdrH.jpg

Bonafide SS107 kayak.

The garage in some of these picture i had built a year ago. Its ready for a 2 post lift that will come in time. 24X40 inside, 12' sides, 16' center height, 12X40 lean to on side, concrete is 6" reinforced 4000psi, multiple 220v outlets. Love it. 150 feet away from the house, so i can play all night without the wife complaining im keeping her up.

ZMLFn5h.jpg

pwm6adK.jpg

Last edited:
Had to run to town to get my daughter a new UV light for her snake, it just went out. Then dairy Queen... Because the kids wanted milkshakes.

For flashlights... I have a few olights and fenix lights.

Still mostly use the older model fenix pd35, and an olight m2r pro warrior.

Need suggestions on a good folder? Thinking about the manix 2... Had one before and liked it... But something different would be cool too.
The Manix 2 is a great knife! Highly recommended. Actually, it’s my BDay today, I got titanium scales and a ball cage for one, and installed them this morning...
EzNXJ1u.jpg

Also, picked up a Spartan Harsey folder which should be here on Monday.

The Manix 2 is a great knife! Highly recommended. Actually, it’s my BDay today, I got titanium scales and a ball cage for one, and installed them this morning...
EzNXJ1u.jpg

Great looking knife. What is a ball cage?

I had a manix 2 in the past, it was one of my favorite folders along with a buck vantage pro. But i have never been a real big folder guy... But lately i dont carry fixed blades as much. They stay spread out at home, shed, garage and in the truck and i keep a folder on me. Even stopped carrying my leatherman charge tti as well... Been wanting light and easy folders on my person.

And happy birthday bro!

Lycan got freakin huge. Lotsa nice toys. Can't believe how big your son has gotten.

Yeah bro, lycan is a monster. Great with my family, but he is not a friendly to everyone dog. Adults that he doesnt know, he will bite. He has tried eating through the metal fence to get to people that were doing work in my yard. He has tried breaking the door down and biting at a wall to get to people knocking on the door. He is a BEAST in every since of the word.

If my kids have friends over, or if my neice and nephew come over, Lycan has to be put in my bedroom. He has never tried biting a kid, or even growled at one, but i dont trust him with anyone he doesnt know very well. Especially kids, just cant take ANY chances.

Its a lot of work having a dog this size that can be aggressive. He makes an amazing guard dog, but he will be the last huge guardian breed we get. Too much work. Has to be sedated just to go to the vet. Im getting too old to lift a 145 pound dog. Especially after multiple knee surgeries. LOL

Battle LOVES people. All of em.. I wish i could get another Battle. I almost bought a blue heeler puppy a couple weeks ago... Man I love dogs.

And yeah my little boy is growing up. He is a creative little dude. Always doing different crafts and creating things. Loves survival type gear and has several kabars himself, his favorite is his warthog and his machaxe.

My daughter is getting her learners permit this year to start driving... Damn im getting old LOL

Since y'all got quiet I guess I'll share a few pictures...

A couple of the dogs

Neko hasn't changed.
AHPUw7o.jpg

Lycan grew... A little... Don't mind my outfit, I was doing yardwork.
KRvbAef.jpg

And my baby. Battle.

2zBEQvC.jpg

bkqRdrH.jpg

Good looking dogs right there.

Skiff is a billfish 14. Great little boat. Top speed of 25mph with the yamaha i just upgraded to. In the picture it still had a 9.8 tohatsu.

083oIpS.jpg
mzQnY3d.jpg
4shsMvl.jpg
13ggUKK.jpg
1rwGo0I.jpg

Shark is very underrated as food. It became my fallback target when id strike out on cobia.

EzNXJ1u.jpg

Happy bday! Mine was almost a week before yours though my boss thought it was two days ago...

Heres my birthday knife to myself

b8VcBQG.jpg

I was lying awake sunday morning around 6:30 am when i thought i would lurk around bladeforums. Low and behold there was a gec surprise “drop” on my birthday. I even had time to put my phone back down until it bothered me enough to pick it back up. I dont even bother trying to catch a gec anymore but this just landed in my lap. Only worthwhile way to get one in my book

Yeah bro, lycan is a monster. Great with my family, but he is not a friendly to everyone dog. Adults that he doesnt know, he will bite. He has tried eating through the metal fence to get to people that were doing work in my yard. He has tried breaking the door down and biting at a wall to get to people knocking on the door. He is a BEAST in every since of the word.

If my kids have friends over, or if my neice and nephew come over, Lycan has to be put in my bedroom. He has never tried biting a kid, or even growled at one, but i dont trust him with anyone he doesnt know very well. Especially kids, just cant take ANY chances.

Its a lot of work having a dog this size that can be aggressive. He makes an amazing guard dog, but he will be the last huge guardian breed we get. Too much work. Has to be sedated just to go to the vet. Im getting too old to lift a 145 pound dog. Especially after multiple knee surgeries. LOL

Battle LOVES people. All of em.. I wish i could get another Battle. I almost bought a blue heeler puppy a couple weeks ago... Man I love dogs.

And yeah my little boy is growing up. He is a creative little dude. Always doing different crafts and creating things. Loves survival type gear and has several kabars himself, his favorite is his warthog and his machaxe.

My daughter is getting her learners permit this year to start driving... Damn im getting old LOL
Good seeing you back worldwood!Glad all is good :thumbsup: the back of my mind I’ve wondered if Lycan or an gator might have eaten you :p Time sure flies bye.

Last edited:
EzNXJ1u.jpg

Happy bday! Mine was almost a week before yours though my boss thought it was two days ago...
Happy Birthday to you guys :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good looking dogs right there.

Shark is very underrated as food. It became my fallback target when id strike out on cobia.

Thanks man. Shark is good eating, just high in mercury so it shouldnt be eaten too often. If i plan to keep one i bleed it immediately and then put it right on ice.

Thats a bull shark in the photo, id MUCH rather eat bonnethead shark personally. I enjoy the meat much more.

Good seeing you back! Glad all is good :thumbsup: In the back of my mind I’ve wondered if Lycan or an gator might have eaten you :p Time sure flies bye.

Thanks!! Havent been eaten YET. If thats the way i go... i hope im REALLY drunk. Sounds painful LOL

Great looking knife. What is a ball cage?

I had a manix 2 in the past, it was one of my favorite folders along with a buck vantage pro. But i have never been a real big folder guy... But lately i dont carry fixed blades as much. They stay spread out at home, shed, garage and in the truck and i keep a folder on me. Even stopped carrying my leatherman charge tti as well... Been wanting light and easy folders on my person.

And happy birthday bro!
The ball cage is the grip/switch piece that’s kind of the equivalent of Benchmade’s axis lock. Also, thank you!

Happy BDay to you too!
Happy Birthday to you guys :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, brother.

Mako and bull are what im most used to but its been ages. If i recall correctly, we just gutted them and sliced them into steaks. Once frozen, before cooking, id cut out the vein/vessel and remove the skin either before cooking or after. Its been close to 20 years though so i very well could be misremembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back