• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Not Your Mama's Knives vs. KNIFEWORKS

just to let you guys know:

VERY bad experience at mama's knives, sent an email to them before ordering a entrek survivor, was told 2 were in stock (they were not) and my card was charged before any of this was confirmed.

waited patiently (beyond the 24-48 hr ship time), then was told it could not be ordered from entrek because the model was no longer being produced....WTF?

OK, but why did you tell me otherwise?....no answers, all BS, but that's not the good part.

refund: please just refund my money via my card.....waiting ...2, 3 days...no refund... excuses, etc.

finally i come to the conclusion that this thing (internet site) must be run by some inept 15 yr. old, and i get serious....

BULLSEYE!

refund w/ no apology but at least i got my damn money back.

KNIFEWORKS: ordered zt350, sent email (as above) wanting to know if in stock...a guy named Roger calls me on the phone within 15 min. of my order to let me know they are backordered but gives me a confirmed ship date...sure enough it arrives on time.

lesson learned: go w/ the reputable dealers, even if it costs a little more.

That was an easy comparison: one of the worst online knife retailers against one of the best.

Full service dealers may cost a little more, but hey you get service and they stand behind their store and product. No BS... Knifeworks and Roger are one of the best!

To many of us and now you to he is not some guy named Roger. He's Roger.
Phone calls to make sure your order is correct, ALWAYS if questions arrise. Computer screws up with inventory and availability? He'll have it shipped from the distributor or manufacturer at his cost. He once spent $7 or $8 to have a frigen $20 bird knife sent to me from another location because his web site said in stock. He lost money on that knife. Had I known he would do that I would have told him not to. It was simply an add on to other more expensive knives he sent me from his location. Then as an apology for the mistake he puts a $20 had in the box.

Last year I order 2 Fallknivens, 2 Rc's and a Becker from Rogers company, Knifeworks. All transactions were professional & shipping was instant.
+1 for Knifeworks!

7 orders to Knifeworks in the past 4 months and each and every one received faster than I would have imagined.

I'll spend a few dollars more to do business with them, they're simply that good.

Knifeworks has always provided great service when I've ordered from them. I picked up a Benchmade 940 last week and just ordered a Gold Class 950 Rift an hour ago. Best price around by far on the 950 too!

i checked here first, never saw anything bad about "mamas"...but no doubt, knifeworks is the way to go.

I've ordered a bunch of knives from Knifeworks and never had a problem.

Not Your Mamas is the worst place to go. I ordered a Protech Brend #1. Same b.s. "in stock" when ordered I have been waiting almost two months still no satisfaction!:grumpy:

Just my .02 worth, Roger is a great guy. He is the fastest talking cajun I have ever talked to!

Knifeworks is a first class operation.

I have had no dealings with NYMK, but have heard decent things about them. Hopefully this is not the norm with them.

I've done a bit of business with Knifeworks the last few months and have to say their service is second to none.

Tom

I've bought a few more knives from Roger/Knifeworks and I've still had zero problems. MOF, I've waited until Roger got a knife in I wanted instead of buying somewhere else. Good people.

:thumbup:another +1 on Knifeworks....courteous,proffesional & good prices.

Not yo’ Mamas knives is one of the worst online retailers I’ve ever dealt with.

I wrote them a reasonable letter about my dissatisfaction with their service. I addressed the fact that they were still a new company and that they may want to rectify some of the problems I had experienced. I wanted to give them another chance.

They simply dissed me.

They don’t seem the least bit interested in honesty or customer service. (Hmm, kind of like our Government)

I’ll never order another thing from them.

Behind every solid company is a solid guy who makes things work. At Knifeworks it's Roger, at Knifecenter it's Howard, at 1SKS it's Spark, at Knife Supply it's Shawn, at A.G. Russell it's....(well, you surely can figure that one out).

Why attempt to save $2 when you know one of these guys will take care of you?

Back