NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

62 Easy Pocket Congress v 13 Clerk. Both single-spring but a considerable difference between them. Clerk is thicker, has fearsome snap and a very long Wharncliffe. It also has sharp tangs and bolsters that might not be to everybody's liking. By contrast, the Easy Pocket is just that, near sunk-joints, lighter pull/snap but no weakling, rounded bolsters and slimmer. But the main point is single.spring knives are my favourite & notably so :cool:

8DGrmqM.jpg

Love those - I have a 98OT, a 93OT, and an old 895 with about 40 years of (prev. owner) patina on it; great knives!

Maybe some day an 893, every time I’m about to bid on one I ask myself ‘do I really need another’ and chicken out. Reminds me of an anecdote I read about a lumberjack in the Adirondacks back in the day; every payday he’d run hell-for-leather through town (his house was at the far end), because he was determined that at least once he was gonna make it past all the bars with his money....

Reactions: 315
Love those - I have a 98OT, a 93OT, and an old 895 with about 40 years of (prev. owner) patina on it; great knives!

Maybe some day an 893, every time I’m about to bid on one I ask myself ‘do I really need another’ and chicken out. Reminds me of an anecdote I read about a lumberjack in the Adirondacks back in the day; every payday he’d run hell-for-leather through town (his house was at the far end), because he was determined that at least once he was gonna make it past all the bars with his money....

Get the 893, then you’ll have two pairs ;)

9748942-C-1-DBB-4-A66-A61-B-6-F4-DCF65-C302.jpg

Back