Notice to the Becker family regarding my Sheaths.

So this is the order thread? Do you have a catalog yet? Do you have a pattern for a Hibben Eye of Drakonus?

:D :p

You still haven't answered my questions, and it's been over 15 minutes. Your customer service stinks. I demand a refund! Is my order ready yet? Can you ship via YRC Freight? ;)

Thrill...I'm glad you made the choice to really start enjoying your stuff again. You are the reason I got into the Becker line. So.....:p Get back out there. Chop some crap up and have a good time. Look forward to seeing more pictures of the distruction that you can cause with those things.

guyon needs a face sheath :)

good on you Thrill for knowing what you want to do :>

(which is make a face sheath for guyon)

I found one for him!

jason-mask.jpg

Thanks, but I already have one. Bought it off of Noss4.

HockeyMask.jpg

thrill, can I change my order? I decided I want pink highlighting, and if you can, make the retention release exactly 2.17 foot pounds. :D

Smart move man and well said. We all need to take time to enjoy life and if that means cutiing back or completely stopping your kydex work so be it.
No one will find fault in your decision; only respect that you had the good sense to make it.

Now get out there and live your life the way you want!

Good for you buddy! Some folks don't realize this kind of stuff until its to late...
I am bummed though...but happy for you! I love my BK16 sheath from you! It goes everywhere with me...24-7!

Makes perfect sense. You dont want the fun to leave the hobby. If it seems like a job, thats no fun. Enjoy.

You still haven't answered my questions, and it's been over 15 minutes. Your customer service stinks. I demand a refund! Is my order ready yet? Can you ship via YRC Freight? ;)

This is usually how I start my morning emails. Somebody emails me at 2:30am and is surprised I don't have someone manning the sheath hotline just for their late night instant gratification shopping.

I was talking with a friend today who is a Harley mechanic and he said that when he was in high school a teacher told him to turn his hobby into his career and then he could just have fun all day, every day. I like the idea of having fun all day...everyday. Full time sheath maker thrillbilly? You seem to maybe be working up to it. I've been reading this forum for a year and a half or so (only recently started posting) and I've seen your craft/fit/finish/designs evolve in a great way. Keep it up. Who knows.

This sometimes works out, but I've also seen several examples of a person who's hobby became a career, then stopped being fun because of the pressures etc, so in the end they lose 2x.....I'd say go with your gut Thrill- if it's already getting you down then bowing out and keeping it on your terms as in the original post makes a lot of sense to me. Good luck with it.

Thanks guys, A lot of it is that my brother just closed on a farm, took possession Friday. I will be spending a lot of spare time remodeling the house and clearing the land. 100 acres that the previous owners had never really worked. We will be cutting at least 200 ricks of firewood just clearing roads and trails into it....plus putting in food plots and logging. So I will be spread pretty thin just doing that for awhile.

On a fun note, should be a LOT of excuses to use my Beckers.... and I am gonna build a ''permanent'' camp/hidey-hole out in the back of the woods somewhere. And it has a stocked pond!

That's great Clayton. Sounds like so much fun. You will always be a kydex stompin ogre to me though. :)

Damm, I wanted one too. You have to do whats right for you, hobbies should be fun, when they become a chore that sucks, which is one of the reasons I have not gone orange. You make some very nice sheaths, and a bit of you goes into each one you make and it shows. Keep making them for yourself and enjoy, and go chop something up.

Well, at least you know that people like your product and you are doing a good job!! I totally understand your decision and know how you feel. When someone recognized for doing something very well and for a nice price people tend to flock to them and it can become overwhelming. I'm glad you made the decision to slow down before you got completely tired of kydex. Have fun at the farm and beat the heck outta some knives buddy!!!

:D Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read this Bladite! Face sheath! WTH! :D

Thanks for being honest about this TB.

I would hate if my hobbies became something that I didn't enjoy doing...

-orangish ducktape

Back